Official HB Good Beer Thread

Warsteiner is freaking amazing

Always on tap at Huber Haus (basement of the Crescent Moon.) You can get it in 1 liter mugs or 2 liter boots. Warsteiner Dunkel is definitely in my top ten.

Warsteiner Dunkel, is also a very good call...

In Mannheim Germany, we traded a 5th of Jack about a fifth of the way full for a case of Warsteiner at concert

Next four beers.

2623869176_96f71ae712_z.jpg

Honey Weiss, not Summer Shandy, which is also very good. Pretty sweet taste, but good.

Miller%20High%20Life.jpg

Meh. Most of you have probably had it before.

2574461306_610398a03e_z.jpg

Rasberry beer. Very good. Reminds me of Upstream Rasberry beer for all you Omaha natives. Its called Abita Purple Haze.

Product%20-%20Boulder%20Kinda%20Blue%20Blueberry%20Wheat%20Beer.preview.jpg

Blueberry flavored beer. Reminded me of an IPA type beer. Pretty good, but kinda strong and hoppy. Called Boulder Kinda Blue.

Livin' the high life now Po? chuckleshuffle

item_0001.jpg

Just okay.

fosters.jpg

Australian beer. Gave it to us in a 25 oz. can. Monster can, average beer.

boddingtonspubale.jpg

English Beer. Pretty strong taste. Not bad, but not something I would drink again.

291802-Shock_Top_Belgian_White_Can_Cold.jpg

Could quite possibly be my new favorite beer. Blue Moon type beer. This is why I'm doing this beer tour, to find beers like this. Thank you beer tour.

You're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy.

Made me :LOLtartar at that one GSG. Good ole Will Ferrell.

I agree with every beer aspeedlin posted. I drink them all and love them. Bud Light is my fav. domestic. 312 I had in Chicago and was really good. Blue Moon is my fav. beer to drink at a restaurant. I just had Summer Shandy a few weeks ago and might have become my favorite beer.

I decided last night while I was out to dinner at Old Chicago that Im going to do their World Beer Tour, so I'll post any good beers I have while doing that for everyone. It might take me more than a year to complete, however, so bear with me.

did the ole world beer tour in college. some very good beer and some very bad beer! but i had fun, and it only took 2 months!!

We recently had a new liquor store open up in town, and they have the "make your own six pack" deal, so I imagine I'll be bumping this thread fairly regularly ;)

genesee-cream-ale-4-6pk-nr-12z.jpg

Pretty light, nice smooth creamy taste. Nothing to write home about, but I could drink a few.

BLUE-DAWG-WILD-BLUE.jpg

I kinda freaked out when I opened and poured this one. The smell was beyond fruity. The color was sooooo freaking dark purple. But it wasn't really that sweet. Actually turned out to be something I wouldn't mind drinking on a hot summer afternoon. Plus its got 8% ABV!

Youngs-Double-Chocolate-Stout.jpg

I nearly creamed my pants when I saw this in the cooler. It's kinda pricey (I paid $11 for a 4 pack). Totally worth it though. I used to drink it a lot when I lived in Phoenix because we actually had stores that sold good stuff. I'd give it a go, and if you absolutely hate it, send me the bill and any remaining bottles!!

I've got a few more to try tomorrow. Might have to make another beer run too!! :lol:

Honestly, I can't remember what these beers tasted like last night. I was drunk and everything tasted the same. But here goes nothing...

28019.gif

Called Cornstalker. Brewed in Kearney, Nebraska. I know it was a dark beer. From what I can remember, it taste kinda like coffee.

gf_mountain.jpg

Called Golden Frau. Brewed in Kearney, Nebraska. That's all I remember.

And finally...

shiner-blonde-21353852.jpg

Shiner Blonde. Brewed in Texas. Probably the best tasting beer of the night. Don't remember the taste enough to make a comparison.