Official HB Good Beer Thread

• 2 weeks later...

If you're into stouts, you MUST try this:

RogueChocolateStout.jpg

It is like 7-8 bucks for a 650mL bottle, but if you're looking for a nice treat you will absolutely not be disappointed. Sweet, syrupy, dark with a nice thick mouthfeel (giggity). Chocolate makes up the base, but other coffee and very slight fruity notes there with some bitterness. I mean this stuff is absolutely top of the line, best you can get. So effing good. (of course if you don't like stouts and dark beers then don't waste your money)

Guinness foreign extra it's mother milk.

This too. You'll have to get it at HyVee or The Still, and its $10-$11 for a 4-pack, but it is good. Don't let "Guinness Draught" fool you...that sh#t was introduced in like 1975 and beer drinkers scoff at that watery stuff. Foreign Extra is the real Guinness, the stuff that the Irish drink. And it is fantastic.

Has anyone tried that sweet angel from empyrean? hows that?

Fallen Angel? Yep! Good stuff if you like a less bitter stout. I was happy to see that they offered it in bottles this year. As far as I know it was tap only in previous years. Get some quick . . . it usually doesn't last long.

Thanks for the recommendation! Very good stuff.

I see a lot of New Belgium products have already been listed but some of their must trys are; Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat, and Abbey. The Abbey is an amazing Belgian style ale with unbelievable notes of banana esters derived from the yeast they use. If you like Hoegaarden, Abbey will more than satisfy you. If you have to have lots of hop character or bitterness, this one isn't for you.

Abbey is the beer that started New Belgian Brewing but Fat Tire is the one that took off for them. I like most all their brews except for their high dollar artsy fartsy iambics and stuff that tastes more like wine than beer.

• 2 weeks later...