Official HB Good Beer Thread

Interesting chart carl. Since there is only 1 correct choice, it looks like I'm a high turnout republican. Just one question; how in the heck does Sam Adams get included on that chart with the veritable who's who of donkey piss? There's a few tolerable ones there but dang, where's the good stuff?

I suppose only the biggest breweries and most widely distributed beers mad the list. I'm with you on the Sam Adams.

This weekend is the wife's family reunion which means I'll be getting plowed. Also means some of her family are from PA, which means I'll be throwing down a fair amount of Yuengling's

Yuengling is good beer. If it's really cold, and you immediately chase it with a shot of bourbon.

Not sure if serious but this made me laugh. Can't figure out if you think it is a good beer or if it's so bad you gotta chase the taste out of your mouth with bourbon. :dunno

Ha ha! I could probly drink motor oil if it was really cold and I chased with a shot of bourbon. :thumbs:

just stocked up for saturday. got some sam adams oktoberfest (that is good stuff). also got the shock top pumpkin wheat and blue moon harvest pumpkin. have not tried the shock top, but the blue moon is pretty tasty. not the best finish, but pretty crisp. (before any criticism, i admit i have a bad palate).

just stocked up for saturday. got some sam adams oktoberfest (that is good stuff). also got the shock top pumpkin wheat and blue moon harvest pumpkin. have not tried the shock top, but the blue moon is pretty tasty. not the best finish, but pretty crisp. (before any criticism, i admit i have a bad palate).

the shock top is amazing, have been going through sixers of that prettty quickly.

the shock top is amazing, have been going through sixers of that prettty quickly.

agreed. they brew a good brew over there.

update: i liked them all and am ready for a beautiful fall day in se sd with the smoker going and a great night game with a huskers' beat down of the buckeyes.

agreed. the brew a good brew over there.

update: i liked them all and am ready for a beautiful fall day in se sd with the smoker going and a great night game with a huskers' beat down of the buckeyes.

Mix together some cinnamon and sugar and salt the rim like a margarita glass, and try that with the pumpkin wheat. Little much for a beer but damn it's good.

I've been buying the Sam Adam's Oktoberfest the last couple weeks. That is a damned good beer.

Yep.

Think I've gone through four 12-packs in the last month and a half. It's the only alcohol I've bought recently...amazing. I know they tweak the recipe a bit each year but this year's has been extraordinary.