Official HB Good Beer Thread

I not only brew my own beer, but I'm a huge fan of trying different beers every week. The only staple I keep around as much as possible is Leinie's Summer Shandy. I'll be trying their new Vanilla Porter by Sunday.

What kind of beer you brewing? Ale, lager, or pilsner.

I not only brew my own beer, but I'm a huge fan of trying different beers every week. The only staple I keep around as much as possible is Leinie's Summer Shandy. I'll be trying their new Vanilla Porter by Sunday.

Right now I have a Belgium Ale and a Pumpkin Ale in my beer fridge downstairs. The Belgium is probably the best beer I've made so far. I haven't lagered yet, I have the equipment to do it, just haven't attempted it. The Pumpkin Ale was the first time I really got crazy with ingredients and it turned out really good. Not as spicy as I'd like, but still a good beer. So I mainly stick to Ale's...............it's a great hobby!

tschu: I'm pretty much a huge fan of anything Leinie's makes.

carlfense: I have no idea why they wouldn't like it!? It's delicious...........

I don't mind shandy . . . but most of the homebrewers that I know are hopheads who tend to shun offerings from bigger breweries.

Not a fan of IPA's....................never have been and never will be, I think they're terrible.

Right now I have a Belgium Ale and a Pumpkin Ale in my beer fridge downstairs. The Belgium is probably the best beer I've made so far. I haven't lagered yet, I have the equipment to do it, just haven't attempted it. The Pumpkin Ale was the first time I really got crazy with ingredients and it turned out really good. Not as spicy as I'd like, but still a good beer. So I mainly stick to Ale's...............it's a great hobby!

I'm not a big fan of their creamy dark. Haven't tried any of the others.

I'm not a big fan of their creamy dark. Haven't tried any of the others.

Just got their Oktoberfest today at the store..................they were out of the Vanilla Porter damnit!