Official HB Good Beer Thread

Victory beer last night:

How is that?

It's a huge beer. (Hopefully that makes sense . . . ) Pours like motor oil.

Intense espresso/oak/almost bourbon flavors. Good stuff . . . but don't plan on pounding back more than one. :lol:

Sounds pretty tasty :thumbs

Budweiser is launching a series of microbrews, 12 total, I believe. It's being called project 12. My roommate picked up a 12 pack, which has 3 of them in it, but I have yet to try any of them. I asked how they were, and he said that they should stick to domestics, lol. But I will report back when I have tried them all.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/Project12/main.html

Victory beer last night:

How is that?

Intense espresso/oak/almost bourbon flavors. Good stuff . . . but don't plan on pounding back more than one. :lol:

Sounds pretty tasty :thumbs

Looked this brewery up. They have some high ABV beers. Gonna have to look for some of these. :thumbs

Gonna try some of this tonight...I'll update.

17819510151129944745958.jpg

How was it?

I'm a big fan of Lucky Bucket brews. The Pre-Prohibition and Heartland Wheat are delicious. I think I liked their Oktoberfest even moreso, so I'm definitely excited to find Snowsuit.

It's my least favorite out of their offerings. The look and smell isn't bad...you can taste the spices, but there just isn't anything 'exciting/new' about this beer. I was expecting something different I guess. I am a big fan of Lucky Bucket as well, and though I would not turn down another Snowsuit if offered, I won't be picking up another sixer.

edit: HyVee is where I got mine from

Victory beer last night:

How is that?

sounds like headache city, but i am intrigued. where did you pick it up?

Victory beer last night:

How is that?

Jake's. Great Divide is probably available at most well stocked markets. (So long as they distribute to your state of course . . . )

http://www.jakescigars.com/bg1/

Victory beer last night:

How is that?

Jake's. Great Divide is probably available at most well stocked markets. (So long as they distribute to your state of course . . . )

http://www.jakescigars.com/bg1/

jake's is a cool place. i live in a pretty small market so i doubt i will be able to find it.

How was it?

I'm a big fan of Lucky Bucket brews. The Pre-Prohibition and Heartland Wheat are delicious. I think I liked their Oktoberfest even moreso, so I'm definitely excited to find Snowsuit.

It's my least favorite out of their offerings. The look and smell isn't bad...you can taste the spices, but there just isn't anything 'exciting/new' about this beer. I was expecting something different I guess. I am a big fan of Lucky Bucket as well, and though I would not turn down another Snowsuit if offered, I won't be picking up another sixer.

I stopped by a Hyvee while I was in town yesterday. Checked out their selection, but only saw Heartland Wheat and Pre-prohibition. So I asked a cashier if they had any other stock of Lucky Bucket beers. He brings the manager, and the manager says to me straight up, "We don't sell Lucky Bucket beer. I've never even heard of it."

I say, "Yes you do, you have two flavors back there, I was just looking for a different flavor."

He replies "well, we don't have it."

It really chaps my ass when retail douchebags don't even act like they want to do their job. Would it have taken long for him to look on his computer, just in case? Nope.

How was it?

I stopped by a Hyvee while I was in town yesterday. Checked out their selection, but only saw Heartland Wheat and Pre-prohibition. So I asked a cashier if they had any other stock of Lucky Bucket beers. He brings the manager, and the manager says to me straight up, "We don't sell Lucky Bucket beer. I've never even heard of it."

I say, "Yes you do, you have two flavors back there, I was just looking for a different flavor."

It really chaps my ass when retail douchebags don't even act like they want to do their job. Would it have taken long for him to look on his computer, just in case? Nope.

What Hyvee?

How was it?

What Hyvee?

27th & Superior