Official HB Good Beer Thread

Brogan,

Thats your problem. It's amazing how the hyvees differ in regards to the service and selection of their liquor sales. Try going to 50th and O, or even better, 84th and Holdredge. The 84th has BY FAR the best selection of beer and liquor, and the staff is always very helpful when I'm there. I usually go to the one on O because it is close, but it is pretty good also. The 27th one doesn't have half the products the hyvee's with actual liquor stores have.

Brogan,

Thats your problem. It's amazing how the hyvees differ in regards to the service and selection of their liquor sales. Try going to 50th and O, or even better, 84th and Holdredge. The 84th has BY FAR the best selection of beer and liquor, and the staff is always very helpful when I'm there. I usually go to the one on O because it is close, but it is pretty good also. The 27th one doesn't have half the products the hyvee's with actual liquor stores have.

Good to know. I'll have to swing by when I'm in town this weekend.

Brogan,

They might be a bit out of the way but you should check out The Still (SE Lincoln), Morans (Central Lincoln) or Jakes (Downtown Lincoln) if you're looking for some more obscure beers.

Brogan,

They might be a bit out of the way but you should check out The Still (SE Lincoln), Morans (Central Lincoln) or Jakes (Downtown Lincoln) if you're looking for some more obscure beers.

Are those bars, or just liquor stores? I ask because when I'm in town, I'm technically on the clock, so I can't drink.

Are those bars, or just liquor stores? I ask because when I'm in town, I'm technically on the clock, so I can't drink.

The first two are straight up liquor stores and the latter is a bar with a carry out cooler with a way better than average selection of 6 packs.

The Still (huge selection of beer, liquor, and wine.)

http://thestill.com/index.html

Morans (smaller local store with great mix and match selection)

https://plus.google....out?gl=us&hl=en

Jakes

http://www.jakescigars.com/bg1/

And of course, if you're going through Omaha, the best beer selection in Nebraska is at Beertopia. (650+ beers)

http://beercornerusa.com/beertopia/

Did a quick search and saw someone mentioned Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. It's actually quite a good beer and really the only Guiness worth drinking. All of the other versions of Guinness are bland and lacking - Foreign Extra is the real Guinness. The oldest. Even if you don't like Guinness, give it a try if you get the chance. If you don't like it, you can safely say you can't stand Guinness at all.

I really enjoyed some Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse that I picked up on a suggestion from Trader Joe's the other day. Fantastic smooth wheat beer. Unfortunately, they were out this weekend, as was everywhere else I tried to pick up some more. Turns out the distributor is kinda wonky with this beer. Hopefully they bring some in soon. Good stuff and very much recommended.