Official HB Good Beer Thread

Cornucopia by Peace Tree Brewing

5611040820_101a4454bc.jpg

This was the first beer in a long time that I've poured out. It must be really bad for me to waste beer . . . but this fit the bill. Made with sweet corn. I think I'll keep my beer and my sweet corn separate in the future.

cool bottle though. i am a sucker for packaging.

Budweiser is launching a series of microbrews, 12 total, I believe. It's being called project 12. My roommate picked up a 12 pack, which has 3 of them in it, but I have yet to try any of them. I asked how they were, and he said that they should stick to domestics, lol. But I will report back when I have tried them all.

http://www.anheuser-...ect12/main.html

I picked up a 12 pack, and I thought they're all pretty tame. Something I could toss 6 back easily before I realized it.

Tried the Leinie's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter last night, not bad at all!

Tried some of that the other day. Not a big fan. I thought it was weird that it's a vanilla porter, but it had a bit of a chocolate taste to it.

Regarding Sam Adams, I'm kind of on the fence. I like their Boston Lager, but I can't drink a whole lot of it. My cousin was telling me that their Old Fezziwig is really good stuff. Anybody tried it?

I like Old Fezziwig a lot. It's got a lot of spices, and is kind of sweet. It may be too much for some, but for me it goes to the edge and not overboard. Problem is, you can only get it in the winter sampler, so you get 2 of them in a pack of 12. I would seriously stock up on it if I could get it by itself. The Winter Lager seems to me to be a toned down version of it. If you don't like the Winter Lager, I doubt you'll like Old Fezziwig. I like Belgians too, and I'm not saying this is a Belgian by any means, but the spicy sweetness reminds me of Belgians in some respects.

Speaking of Belgians, I was back in Lincoln last week and found that New Belgium Abbey dubbel at HyVee and tried it. Really good. I think I like it a bit better than the Trippel.

Regarding Sam Adams, I'm kind of on the fence. I like their Boston Lager, but I can't drink a whole lot of it. My cousin was telling me that their Old Fezziwig is really good stuff. Anybody tried it?

I like Old Fezziwig a lot. It's got a lot of spices, and is kind of sweet. It may be too much for some, but for me it goes to the edge and not overboard. Problem is, you can only get it in the winter sampler, so you get 2 of them in a pack of 12. I would seriously stock up on it if I could get it by itself. The Winter Lager seems to me to be a toned down version of it. If you don't like the Winter Lager, I doubt you'll like Old Fezziwig. I like Belgians too, and I'm not saying this is a Belgian by any means, but the spicy sweetness reminds me of Belgians in some respects.

Speaking of Belgians, I was back in Lincoln last week and found that New Belgium Abbey dubbel at HyVee and tried it. Really good. I think I like it a bit better than the Trippel.

Drinking some Abbey right now.

My only problem with the Trippel is the heavy coriander flavor. Kinda goes away after the 3rd one though. :D

Drinking some Abbey right now.

My only problem with the Trippel is the heavy coriander flavor. Kinda goes away after the 3rd one though. :D

Yes, it does have a lot of coriander in it.