SIGNED LB Courtney Love

Nexus

Sure, he might be leaning toward Ohio State. But it always amuses me when people say with surety "X will be on this team." It's April for crap's sake. Kids change their minds.

Yeap everyone remember when we all thought we where going to get Peat with no doubt? Maybe this one could swing in our favor this time!

Love most likely will not be coming here. It was part of the linked article below that was in the actual paper toady, but for some reason they are only showing part of the article online because they want you to sign up for HO to read the rest, even thou its in the paper itself.

Anyway Love basically said it gave him something to think about but he will most likely still be going to Ohio State. Liked the visit but said the only thing that Ohio State has over NU is he has family close. We can pretty much kiss him goodbye. The most honest quote i think ive ever read from a recruit. Good luck to the kid.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120415/BIGRED/704159838#rain-didn-t-dampen-visitors-interest

Love most likely will not be coming here. It was part of the linked article below that was in the actual paper toady, but for some reason they are only showing part of the article online because they want you to sign up for HO to read the rest, even thou its in the paper itself.

Anyway Love basically said it gave him something to think about but he will most likely still be going to Ohio State. Liked the visit but said the only thing that Ohio State has over NU is he has family close. We can pretty much kiss him goodbye. The most honest quote i think ive ever read from a recruit. Good luck to the kid.

http://www.omaha.com...sitors-interest

I can see Love at Ohio State or I can see Love at Nebraska... either way. Year after Year we finish second best to top tier recruits. And why? Well it's not our facilities, academics, weight program, or training table. It's not our coaches. It's not anything we can control at all.... it comes down to an 18 year old peer pressured by his friends at school to go to the "god school" close to home. For kids in Dallas/Houston/San Antonio that's Texas. For kids in Ohio, that's Ohio State. For kids in California, that's UCLA/CAL/Stanford/or USC. We can go on and on.

I'll draw up an example (hypothetical of course). A kid like Joe Mathis visits NU... is blown away and has a blast. He goes home thinking this could be the school for him. Then he goes into school with his Nebraska shirt on Monday... his friends give him a hard time and say why in the world are you wearing that shirt. Nebraska sucks... why would you want to live in the cold with a bunch of white people man... why would you wanna play for a school that hasn't been to a bcs game in like 10 years. Yeah they may have nice facilities but there's a reason they ain't pullin in 5* players like USC and Stanford are man. You go there, not only will you be the man around here, but you'll go to big BCS games, get to hang out on the beach with hollywood right there, you'll go to the NFL, etc. etc.

When it comes time for a decision the kid gets scared to go that far from home, he starts to think his friends are right and convinces himself of it. So then he's not signing with us... it happens year after year. I live in Texas and I can't tell you how many of my friends decisions to go to college were influenced by their football friends/girlfriends/parents/coaches/etc. Most of them really didn't pick for themselves, they picked what people wanted them to pick out of the best options they had.

Unfortunately, Nebraska's geographical location hurts it more than anything. I guarantee you that if we were 8-9hrs south/southeast and nothing else changed at all... we'd be reeling in a lot more big fish just off of that alone. It sucks, it's ridiculous, I don't like it. but it's truth. :(

I can see Love at Ohio State or I can see Love at Nebraska... either way. Year after Year we finish second best to top tier recruits. And why? Well it's not our facilities, academics, weight program, or training table. It's not our coaches. It's not anything we can control at all.... it comes down to an 18 year old peer pressured by his friends at school to go to the "god school" close to home. For kids in Dallas/Houston/San Antonio that's Texas. For kids in Ohio, that's Ohio State. For kids in California, that's UCLA/CAL/Stanford/or USC. We can go on and on.

I'll draw up an example (hypothetical of course). A kid like Joe Mathis visits NU... is blown away and has a blast. He goes home thinking this could be the school for him. Then he goes into school with his Nebraska shirt on Monday... his friends give him a hard time and say why in the world are you wearing that shirt. Nebraska sucks... why would you want to live in the cold with a bunch of white people man... why would you wanna play for a school that hasn't been to a bcs game in like 10 years. Yeah they may have nice facilities but there's a reason they ain't pullin in 5* players like USC and Stanford are man. You go there, not only will you be the man around here, but you'll go to big BCS games, get to hang out on the beach with hollywood right there, you'll go to the NFL, etc. etc.

When it comes time for a decision the kid gets scared to go that far from home, he starts to think his friends are right and convinces himself of it. So then he's not signing with us... it happens year after year. I live in Texas and I can't tell you how many of my friends decisions to go to college were influenced by their football friends/girlfriends/parents/coaches/etc. Most of them really didn't pick for themselves, they picked what people wanted them to pick out of the best options they had.

Unfortunately, Nebraska's geographical location hurts it more than anything. I guarantee you that if we were 8-9hrs south/southeast and nothing else changed at all... we'd be reeling in a lot more big fish just off of that alone. It sucks, it's ridiculous, I don't like it. but it's truth. :(

I agree to a good degree that it takes a kid to have a degree of bravery to step out on their own and be their own person. That can be a tall order for a 17-18 year old. The demographic differences are a big wall that some kids can't get past, and its reall unfortunate because many kids miss out on maximizing their potential on and off on the field.

I agree to a good degree that it takes a kid to have a degree of bravery to step out on their own and be their own person. That can be a tall order for a 17-18 year old. The demographic differences are a big wall that some kids can't get past, and its reall unfortunate because many kids miss out on maximizing their potential on and off on the field.

On the other hand, it's really refreshing when you see kids like Westerkamp or McMullen from last year who either have the option or were actively being pressured to stay close to home and play for the home town team, and still make their own decision and decide to be their own person. Gotta love the kids who want to be Huskers.

I didn't read the article in the paper, but I read many things on Rivals that disagrees with this. Everything that I have heard has said that he has a top 2 now, Ohio St and us. I think we still stand a decent chance.

"It's a family here," linebacker Courtney Love expressed about his reason for naming Nebraska as his co-leader with Ohio State. "Coach Bo (Pelini) brought me into his office and talked to me personally one-on-one and basically explained to me here that I have every opportunity as long as I work hard and earn a position. His door is wide open and every other coach's office the door is wide open.

Direct Quote from the paper.

McWilson visited along with high school teammate and four-star linebacker Courtney Love. Love, a three-star linebacker according to 247sports and long time Ohio State lean, said he enjoyed his visit, but will likely go else where.

"It does give me alot to think about, but as far as comparing them to Ohio State, the only thing here is i have people that are family here. Love said "But Ohio State is still to me No. 1 and most likely where im going unless anything changes. It was nice to come here and visit and look at something different, but just between those two, i still think Ohio State is going to be my best bet"

Im not sure whats going on here?

Eh.. doesn't sound that promising but as long as we get a visit I think NU still has decent chance. The combination of the mooney connection and attending gameday with a HS teamate may be able to sway his decision. Also, beating down OSU, probably not likely, on there turf wouldn't hurt. Hopefully, this is far from over.

It's called I have an offer from OSU, and they have been my favorite team for a long time, and my dream school, but they have told me to wait until they strike out on some other LBs before my committment will be accepted.

I wish more recruits handled it this way. No need to sugar coat it if N is his 2nd choice no big deal at least he didn't BS around with the coaches and fans. Nebraska will be a lot of guys 2nd choice. If in the end he does end up in Lincoln even better!

It's called I have an offer from OSU, and they have been my favorite team for a long time, and my dream school, but they have told me to wait until they strike out on some other LBs before my committment will be accepted.

I wish more recruits handled it this way. No need to sugar coat it if N is his 2nd choice no big deal at least he didn't BS around with the coaches and fans. Nebraska will be a lot of guys 2nd choice. If in the end he does end up in Lincoln even better!

Agree...honesty is the best way to go. I like this kid but it gives us an opportunity to go after some other kids and not be strung along. If at the end of the day OSU doesn't take him, sure we can always see if we have room.

Ya i get that, just see a little bit of contrast in some of his quotes. Being a Co-leader to Ohio state is my best bet. Atleast weve got him thinking. Could be a good deal if OSU never offers. He will come here with a chip on his shoulder, with something to prove.