Official Taylor Martinez is a boss - thread

Enhance

I will say this..... this was best the game Martinez played in his career at Nebraska(including theOkie Lite game). It certainly does help to have an OC call plays to his Qbs strengths and managed the game.

I think our team found something tonight that we have been missing all season, I hope it carries over to Minnesota and beyond.

Well said, HuskerScott. Glad to see ya around again. Fully agree Beck called a vastly better game than last week. Doing it against a "very" good defense makes it even nicer. There's hope!!

GBR!!

btw, i watched the game at my new neighbor's house that just moved here in denver, he's an OSU super fan.

He was SHOCKED his team was in it at all in the 1st place. then, just like the rest of tOSU, he started to believe.

he was equally shocked that they completely collapsed in the 2nd half. he was really impressed by our fight and thought that we took steps forward tonight and was really proud to have us in the B10. i look forward to many yrs of tOSU and N battling it out.

man, what a great win and such a good feeling that we have the fight and whole team pulling for each other, despite a week of criticism and doubt.

HUSKER POWER.

ps. my dad and 2 bro's and 2 cousin's were there and said the stadium was literally shaking

I will say this..... this was best the game Martinez played in his career at Nebraska(including theOkie Lite game). It certainly does help to have an OC call plays to his Qbs strengths and managed the game.

I think our team found something tonight that we have been missing all season, I hope it carries over to Minnesota and beyond.

Agreed.

I really like the way we adjusted some of the passing for this game. If some of you guys missed it, we often dropped Burkhead into the middle of the field as an easy check down for Martinez if his first or second read didn't come through. I think this REALLY helped Martinez gain confidence today.

Noticed this too. Very smart move.

Here's what I think about the way the game rolled down.

First and foremost, it's completely unacceptable the way our defense played in the first half. They didn't make plays, they were out of position, and they gave up what no defense ever wants to give up - the big play. And they did it more than once. Furthermore, our offense was sputtering.

Defensively, we came back and dominated the second half. Put it on David's strip or Miller's injury, bit doesn't really matter. Nebraska did something they very rarely did when Shawn Watson was here - they adjusted and came back. Our guys got after OSU and made them pay dearly.

Obviously, we should have had this game in the bag by the time the third quarter was ending. But we didn't. I'll take a comeback win against a team that still has more talent than any other B1G school, over a big loss and being 0-2 in conference play.

I really like the way we adjusted some of the passing for this game. If some of you guys missed it, we often dropped Burkhead into the middle of the field as an easy check down for Martinez if his first or second read didn't come through. I think this REALLY helped Martinez gain confidence today.

Agreed.

One thing I wanted to talk about.. Obviously Taylor played a great game and made some awesome plays. I was at the game and admittedly can't see everything he is doing, but one thing really stuck out for some reason. At the end of the 1st half when we were driving in OSU territory, Taylor had a play where it looked like it all came together. He sat in the pocket, checked multiple receivers, felt the pressure coming and then took off running. He didn't get the happy feet that we saw too often last week. Was there more of this happening the entire game or was that a one time thing? I was just really impressed with that one play (ended at 3:30 left in the 1st half) specifically.

Agreed.

One thing I wanted to talk about.. Obviously Taylor played a great game and made some awesome plays. I was at the game and admittedly can't see everything he is doing, but one thing really stuck out for some reason. At the end of the 1st half when we were driving in OSU territory, Taylor had a play where it looked like it all came together. He sat in the pocket, checked multiple receivers, felt the pressure coming and then took off running. He didn't get the happy feet that we saw too often last week. Was there more of this happening the entire game or was that a one time thing? I was just really impressed with that one play (ended at 3:30 left in the 1st half) specifically.

His footwork is still pretty bad, but he looked to be going through his progressions and then deciding to run, especially in the second half. He looked like a new Martinez in the third quarter and on.

Noticed this too. Very smart move.

That move by Burkhead was amazing. Great comeback and confidence builder for Taylor and the whole team. tOSU couldn't stop NU in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

The David play saved this season.