What did we learn???

I learned that my general ability to maintain a logical viewpoint is rendered completely useless under the histrionic nature of my emotions for the three 1/2 to four hour period when Nebraska football is taking place.

I was Lifetime Movie Channel depressed for a heavy spell.

I was more cynical than a chain smoking KGB operative during the dying days of the Soviet Union.

I was as hopeful as a farmer standing on a dry field of waning crops gazing up at a deeply darkening sky.

I was as elated as a man who has been confined to a raft for days at sea suddenly realizing the helicopter is getting closer, and closer...

I learned to never lose the faith. What a night. What a win. GBR!!!!!!!!

• Fire 3

I learned that my general ability to maintain a logical viewpoint is rendered completely useless under the histrionic nature of my emotions for the three 1/2 to four hour period when Nebraska football is taking place.

I was more cynical than a chain smoking KGB operative during the dying days of the Soviet Union.

I was as hopeful as a farmer standing on a dry field of waning crops gazing up at a deeply darkening sky.

I was as elated as a man who has been confined to a raft for days at sea suddenly realizing the helicopter is getting closer, and closer...

Well said.

I think we all learned that the option still looks DAMN good for Nebraska, and that Martinez is the perfect kid to run it. It's amazing to watch him actually blast holes for 10 yards when he knows where he's supposed to run, as opposed to dancing/scrambling in the backfield on busted plays and getting sacked.

On a second note, I didn't learn a thing about Burkhead and David. I already knew those two are the hardest playing Huskers on the field, and will always give it their all for the win.

+ 1 man. Exactly how I felt all night

Taylor learned to check down!!!!!

!!!!!

This is big for this offense. Hopefully this signals the end of the "I can only stare down my first option and force it into triple coverage" era for Taylor Martinez. This could be epic for this offense's ability to be mistake (turnover) free.

Early on it looked like he was almost tentative and too reliant to throw anywhere BUT the checkdown, but obviously Rex made it pay dividends in the end! Hell, the downfield throws didn't look half bad either... He gets a pass on the floated interception since it was real late in the half and it was pouring.

He (and Beck) also learned having him get to the edge is a hell of a lot more effective than trying to take off inside the tackles right into an oncoming defender.

Matt Millen is still going full retard like his life depended on it.

Playcalling is very important to the success of this team on offense. Not only must we force defenses to respect our passing game enough to loosen up on the run, we must also call enough designed quarter back runs / zone reads for the defenses to respect Taylor's running ability. Only then is our multiple offensive approach really effective.

lol!!

Great post!!

1. Finally w a healthy Dennard, we are a fighting D

2. David is a ball hawk much like Gomes, Brown, Suh, Monds, and Glover

3. When Beck opens it up (diamond, PA passing, mis-direction, Rex at FB) we can do work

4. our crowd CAN make a difference

5. to never get too down or too up

6. get the freshmen the ball!!!!!!

7 to Heaven---we WON

I learned that Bo is still a jerk at post-game press conferences.

I disagree. If I were being asked stupid questions like the ones some of those reporters asked I'd be miffed too. Come on! They watched the game too. You would think that they could formulate at least a few intelligent questions. Most of the time they just try to bait him. So they get what they deserve. I say Good For You Bo!

1) SJB could be a really good corner in the future. Kind of reminds me of Fonzie.

2) Huge confidence builder for both the offense and defense. I think we start to see some more consistent defensive play. Problems still are there though.

3) Beck is getting better as a play caller - compare the first and second halves... night and day. I think the diamond formation play action really opened everything else up.

4) Lavonte David, Rex Burkhead - straight up winners. refuse to lose.

5) We got heart.

6) Cassidy has got to go...

7) Too many negatives to list in the 1st half of the game. If you want a lesson on how to be the worst possible team we can be, look at that half.

No mention of the QB???...

Honest mistake - I mentioned him in another post.... I think my "time to eat crow" post. He played the best game from a QB stand point that I've seen him play.

Honestly, I was pretty happy with him, second play of the game or whatever, when he did a dump pass to Burkhead which he ignored all game vs. Wiscy.