Nebraska fans are PATHETIC.....

Apathy

It's one thing to criticize this team but to boo them several times during the 2nd quarter and then to boo them as they head into the locker room for halftime.

I understand they were playing poorly and I was critizing their performance but I never booed them last night. I was embarrassed with our crowd last night when that happened and if you booed this team last night then you should be ashamed of yourself and root for another team.

Booing this team isn't going to lift the teams spirits and it certainly won't help when we're trying to recruit kids too. I'm sure those recruits were thinking "I don't want to come here and get booed".

Grow up Husker fans you so called greatest fans in the country.

No sir you are pathetic, i disagree with you for several reasons. Grey hair fans like you are killing the game day atmosphere at Memorial, I was very critical of our defense last night and it was deserved. Speaking for myself I booed because the defense on the field has been unacceptable all season and if you looked at the stats at halftime it was shaping up to be another 500+ yards allowed again. Yes I am a fan and yes i get loud at the games, DEAL WITH IT. It seems like the grey hairs get mad at fans if they cheer something else besides Go Big Red, Husker Power, or Defense so to be critical of a teams performance and call them out is childish, wtf? I got chased out of the stadium last night for being loud, i was surrounded in grandpa and grandma country in hostile territory by other Husker fans.

Game day at Memorial is too quiet, go to other stadiums and they play their music loud and their fans cheer loud. The default husker fan position is a grandpa arms crossed, sitting down, listening to the radio, and judging quietly. I boo because i care, in doing so it lets the team know they need to pick it up and pull their head out of their ass, quit feeling sorry for themselves and play football.

• Fire 2

It's one thing to criticize this team but to boo them several times during the 2nd quarter and then to boo them as they head into the locker room for halftime.

I understand they were playing poorly and I was critizing their performance but I never booed them last night. I was embarrassed with our crowd last night when that happened and if you booed this team last night then you should be ashamed of yourself and root for another team.

Booing this team isn't going to lift the teams spirits and it certainly won't help when we're trying to recruit kids too. I'm sure those recruits were thinking "I don't want to come here and get booed".

Grow up Husker fans you so called greatest fans in the country.

Way to be ignorant. EVERY fanbase boos but obviously you dont pay very much attention to college football do you? The fans were booing the playcalling, anyone with common sense could have figured that one out. Also, they werent playing with very much heart, so i doubt they players that werent playing with heart would care about getting booed. Also,when you play for a big college football program, then this should be expected. Your post was very ignorant.

Just don't understand we people think a bunch of kids are going to want to get back out there and try their best where thier fans turn their back on them. One middle-aged guy said he can boo if he wants to because he paid big money for his tickets.... WOW, stay classy memorial stadium. :S Thought for a moment I was back in Madison.

The fans didn't turn their backs on the team lol. When they start cheering for NU to lose, then they would have turned their backs. And are you that surprised that not every Husker fan lives up to expectations?

I've never booed a team before. I've said some profanity at the tv or at the local sports bar, but i've never booed. Even during the Callahan era. I view it as a childish act, and i shut anyone up that is around me that throws out the boo. If you don't like the way the team is playing or being coached, you sit your ass down and pout, or you stand up and shout obsenities. Booing is what high school kids do because they can't curse in front parents and teachers. Booing is what you do to the opposing team, not your own team. If you can't support your team when they are down, you don't deserve to call yourself a fan in my book.

They were booing they playcalling right before half. You would think Bo would learn his lesson from last week. Fans are going to boo from time to time. It's how they let the coaches know it was unacceptable last night. They also supported the the team until the end also, not to mention spend their hard earned cash to go to the game, but you didn't want to mention that just the booing. You grow up.

Yep I agree with this assessment. People complain about booing but you know what I've noticed? Nebraska fans seem to reserve it (the vast majority) for making a point. And that decision to try to throw deep with hardly any time when you could go in the locker room and recieve after the half just like last week (with similar results) was why the booing came out. Smart fans don't just accept calls like that. The fans care about the team and how else do you say "hey coach, quit panicking and stop playing yourselves out of football games"

The threads about "real fans" and "classy fans" and what a fan should and shouldn't do gets old.

• Fire 1

I've never booed a team before. I've said some profanity at the tv or at the local sports bar, but i've never booed. Even during the Callahan era. I view it as a childish act, and i shut anyone up that is around me that throws out the boo. If you don't like the way the team is playing or being coached, you sit your ass down and pout, or you stand up and shout obsenities. Booing is what high school kids do because they can't curse in front parents and teachers. Booing is what you do to the opposing team, not your own team. If you can't support your team when they are down, you don't deserve to call yourself a fan in my book.

How is booing worse than profanity? Good Lord the arrogance of some of you people...

• Fire 1

So if a person boos, they dont support the team? Come on, thats a pretty stupid statement right there. Im sure a lot of people that booed last night would still keep supporting the team if we were to lose that game.

From all of the lazy, sloth-like play that we've witnessed from that bunch, they deserved a kick in the tail instead of a coddling. If anything, the fans voicing their displeasure was the smack that the team needed, because it was a different team after that. I know that this is a "no spank" era, but that team (coaches included) needed a "get your sh#t together" moment from Husker Nation. That level of effort on all levels does not belong in Memorial Stadium. Like it or not, the team is supposed to represent the the ideals and work ethic of the state of Nebraska. There are a lot of tight sphincters on Husker fans around this place. Can the holier-than-thou attitude. All you saw last night was a much needed spanking.

How is booing worse than profanity? Good Lord the arrogance of some of you people...

I don't know, maybe im just ignorant in the heat of the moment. :)

No sir you are pathetic, i disagree with you for several reasons. Grey hair fans like you are killing the game day atmosphere at Memorial,

I'm pretty sure the OP isn't a "grey hair" fan unless "grey hair" fans now include people under 30.

Also congrats on getting "chased" out of the stadium. You must have done nothing wrong it had to just be all the "grey hair" grandma and grandpa's sitting around you.

So if a person boos, they dont support the team? Come on, thats a pretty stupid statement right there. Im sure a lot of people that booed last night would still keep supporting the team if we were to lose that game.

Hey, its just my personal opinion. I may be wrong in thinking that way, but im not about to change who i am.

So when you were booing in the 2nd quarter--at the play calling--did you follow your "boos" with an explanation to the players that it was not directed at them and rather at the coaches?

Until you figure out a way to differentiate your play-calling boos from your player-derived boos, stop booing in general.

Never have and never will boo the boys in Red. That said, if fans around me are, I'm not going to preach at 'em or anything. Our beloved team may have an 'us against the world' mentality more than ever now, and that includes their own fans. While it led to an incredible victory, it's a little sad.

In the Deed, the Glory.