Bo and Mike Gundy

A few years back when gundy blew up at a media member for bad mouthing one of his players it transformed him into a nationally known coach. In turn by doing this a believe it helped him dramaticaly in recruiting because moms and dads everwhere could see that this guy will stick up for our son. By the way the local media has been treating Taylor the last couple weeks is really sad. Now i don't that anybody that watched the Wisconsin game would say that Martinez played very well or made good decisions, however the coaches did not put him in very good situations to succeed. Now lets turn to last nights game the only pick Taylor had was on a pass that never should have happened, if the coaches would have just took there medicine and took a knee. And by the way the game would have been over at the six minute mark cause we would have been up 10 if we wouldn't have given them 3 free points before the half. I guess I'm just frustrated reading about how everybody wants to see Taylor benched, he is our best quarterback period. Just because he doesn't show alot of emotion doesn't mean he doesn't care. In closing I hope that our local media doesn't crucisify Bo for standing up for one of his kids, because I believe they will continue writing stories about this because they have a computer infront of them.

A few years back when gundy blew up at a media member for bad mouthing one of his players it transformed him into a nationally known coach. In turn by doing this a believe it helped him dramaticaly in recruiting because moms and dads everwhere could see that this guy will stick up for our son. By the way the local media has been treating Taylor the last couple weeks is really sad. Now i don't that anybody that watched the Wisconsin game would say that Martinez played very well or made good decisions, however the coaches did not put him in very good situations to succeed. Now lets turn to last nights game the only pick Taylor had was on a pass that never should have happened, if the coaches would have just took there medicine and took a knee. And by the way the game would have been over at the six minute mark cause we would have been up 10 if we wouldn't have given them 3 free points before the half. I guess I'm just frustrated reading about how everybody wants to see Taylor benched, he is our best quarterback period. Just because he doesn't show alot of emotion doesn't mean he doesn't care. In closing I hope that our local media doesn't crucisify Bo for standing up for one of his kids, because I believe they will continue writing stories about this because they have a computer infront of them.

Good point +1

The following is completely unrelated to Bo, but:

Reid: Gundy's rant "basically ended my life"

Funny as that rant was, I think it'll always be marred a bit by the other side of the story - which makes it seem pretty disingenuous, as it's told by the very player Gundy was defending.

I hope the local media doesn't either, but I don't know if Bo has made too many friends out of them. Today was a good day, but if we start losing, I would not be surprised to see the media really jumping down his throat. It could get ugly, and it would be very unfair of the media to do so - but they can, and it will be damaging, and I think they will unless Bo makes a better effort to treat them better (and I'm not talking about Dirk or this presser). I do not want to see that happen.

Hopefully Bo keeps winning and it is a moot point.

I totally agree with you on the fact that Bo could be a little more respectful to the press. But if I was being asked the same stupid questions week in week out I would be frustrated too. They keep asking him about Martinez and his poise and performance. Its like Bo said "You were there". I mean come on life isn't a video game. If Bo could have just hit the reset button and started over versus Wisconsin or the whole first half you know he would have. I don't know just how they want him to react to the same dumb questions. But you are right if we start losing the media will dog pile Bo and it may get really bad, because I don't think the media is there to be supportive at all but just to see what kind of reaction they can get out of Taylor and Bo.

to me the difference between the two was that gundy was screaming and bo was just calm matter of fact with what he said. bo didn't do

anything other than stand up for one of his players without the yelling. bo also scolded the fans which in my opinion is his perrogative.

remember osborne did the same thing in 97 when scott frost was booed against central florida.

I'm glad Bo called the fans out. That booing crap is ridiculous and makes us look horrible! If you're gonna do that keep your butt at home!

Idk they paid for their ticket just like everyone else. If they choose to boo their team when they're down they have every right to. I'm sure 99% of them also feel pretty dumb about it now. But who's to say it didn't actually help. Let's face it, there are few better motivators than the fear of epic televised failure.