FB Christian Powell

6'0", 253 and he runs like that?! Sign him up! Without Burkhead in 2 years, who do we have to pound it into the endzone on the goal line? Marrow only has 1 year of eligibility right? If so, than this guys fills the gap once he's gone. Timing seems perfect to me....

GBR!

If Marrow only has one year left then I might agree, but I think Marrow will get to play two years once he is deemed eligible. Either way I am not sold on taking a FB type prospect in a small class.

6'0", 253 and he runs like that?! Sign him up! Without Burkhead in 2 years, who do we have to pound it into the endzone on the goal line? Marrow only has 1 year of eligibility right? If so, than this guys fills the gap once he's gone. Timing seems perfect to me....

GBR!

If Marrow only has one year left then I might agree, but I think Marrow will get to play two years once he is deemed eligible. Either way I am not sold on taking a FB type prospect in a small class.

Agreed, with such pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball.

GBR!

Agreed, with such pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball.

We use our FB a lot, and Powell could be game changer at that position. While Powell is not has physical as Trent Richardson, they have a very similar burst for big dudes.

I believe the reason we offering so many CBs is because of attrition.

I like this prospect for several reasons. He has a rare speed/size combo for a fullback. He also plays DT and has excelled. He went to USC's lineman camp and stood out. Finally, Bo loves to have players that he could switch from O to D. This is that prospect. Finally, with this speed I could imagine him as a LB as well. This kind of flexibility makes this prospect a grade higher.

Posted some stuff about Dylon about a year ago. Kid doesn't get alot of attention due to the fact he played on a 2-6 team. Ran for 800 yards behind an young and undersized line, with teams keying him and stacking the box. Also had around 400 yards receiving and led all classes in tackles after 8 games. He's a tough kid, playing half the season with stress fractures in his shins, a torn labrum, broken fingers, and a dislocated elbow. Doesn't have the height to be a D1 linebacker, but he would be a great addition at fullback as a walk on. Currently getting interest from some D1 & 1AA schools (including one in the B1G) to play fullback.
  • 4 weeks later...

Really can't afford to use a scholly on a guy like this with our small class. Sorry, just the truth.

And no offense to the FB position, as that's what I played back in the day, but we can get a pretty talented kid from Nebraska to walk on for that position. If I remember correctly it's been done a few times before ;)

Really can't afford to use a scholly on a guy like this with our small class. Sorry, just the truth.

And no offense to the FB position, as that's what I played back in the day, but we can get a pretty talented kid from Nebraska to walk on for that position. If I remember correctly it's been done a few times before ;)

+1000