FB Christian Powell

to send both Bo and Ron out there means they are pushing hard. With Rex in his last year, I wouldn't mind seeing a 250 pound guarentee out there on 3rd and 2. Talk about demoralizing a defense - give this guy 8 carries a game in short yardage situations.

I wouldnt mind seeing it either, but with such a small class we have more pressing needs that need to be filled. We also have Mike Marrow who will be playing that role for a couple of years.

he'll be a junior though - this is the class that we should be recruiting to replace him. if we wait another year we'll likely be counting on a redshirt freshman in 2014. not that the fullback position is rocket science, but it would be nice to not have to count on a rFR.

i am still betting there ends up being room in this class when it's all said and done. we alway swing and miss late - and end up with guys like Marsh. I'd take this guy over someone like Shoff.

Playing fullback is not rocket science, we shouldnt have to recruit a big time fullback we have done well over the past couple of years with a walk-on FB. But you do make a good point, if we swing and miss we should take him since he can play a number of positions, and yeah Powell before Shoff.

I still don't like it. Too many other needs.

to send both Bo and Ron out there means they are pushing hard. With Rex in his last year, I wouldn't mind seeing a 250 pound guarentee out there on 3rd and 2. Talk about demoralizing a defense - give this guy 8 carries a game in short yardage situations.

I wouldnt mind seeing it either, but with such a small class we have more pressing needs that need to be filled. We also have Mike Marrow who will be playing that role for a couple of years.

he'll be a junior though - this is the class that we should be recruiting to replace him. if we wait another year we'll likely be counting on a redshirt freshman in 2014. not that the fullback position is rocket science, but it would be nice to not have to count on a rFR.

i am still betting there ends up being room in this class when it's all said and done. we alway swing and miss late - and end up with guys like Marsh. I'd take this guy over someone like Shoff.

What's this here supposed to mean?? Don't count Marsh out yet..

Indeed... I think Marsh still has a shot...

sp_0905_11_v6.jpg?width=480

• Fire 1

Indeed... I think Marsh still has a shot...

sp_0905_11_v6.jpg?width=480

I love that episode.

"I thought this was America?!!"

Playing fullback is not rocket science, we shouldnt have to recruit a big time fullback we have done well over the past couple of years with a walk-on FB. But you do make a good point, if we swing and miss we should take him since he can play a number of positions, and yeah Powell before Shoff.

I'm guessing Beck wants to do something more with fullback than what we've been able to do the past couple of years... my guess is blocking.

IDK about everybody else but I think that Legate has done a tremendous job the last couple years. I've seen him decleat guys in the hole and bust Rex free.

• 3 weeks later...

Powell is a UCLA lock with Colorado as a backup plan. He is not going to go far from home.

Why is it that Colorado is not far from home? It's more than 1,000 miles from Upland, CA. I understand he'd play games closer to home when playing USC/UCLA, but Colorado's not a Sunday drive away.

This is probably the factor and the fact that CU has a lot of CA kids enrolled.