SIGNED LB Zaire Anderson

Nexus

From his video, he looks strong and seems to read plays very well, though he doesn't look all that fast. With that said, I hope he commits soon and bulks up to about 225-230.

I don't know, he looked pretty fast to me. A couple of things stand out to me, first I was impressed by his coverage skills. He was shown lined up on the slot receiver several times and showed great instincts in coverage, that is tough to do for any LB. He also seems adept at running through traffic to make a play, very similar to Lavonte. He looks slow at times simply because he is moving through the traffic watching the play to develop and determine when to close and make a play.

From his video, he looks strong and seems to read plays very well, though he doesn't look all that fast. With that said, I hope he commits soon and bulks up to about 225-230.

I don't know, he looked pretty fast to me. A couple of things stand out to me, first I was impressed by his coverage skills. He was shown lined up on the slot receiver several times and showed great instincts in coverage, that is tough to do for any LB. He also seems adept at running through traffic to make a play, very similar to Lavonte. He looks slow at times simply because he is moving through the traffic watching the play to develop and determine when to close and make a play.

Exaclty, Zaire's tape looks very similar to Lavtone's coming out of FSCC.

Is anyone else looking at him besides us and Akron?

The staff as well as other college staffs in the nation are just getting to evaluate JUCO tape now because the JUCO kids are 7-8 games into their season. I expect Zaire to be a husker, but I also expect him to get other PAC 12 offers.

Kid can really drive his hips and slam people to the ground. Great finding the football and making plays.