Anybody play with/against a Husker in high school?

A post I read on another thread got me thinking about this, so I figured I'd bring it up. I'm wondering if anybody else on here ever played on the same team as, or played against, a current or former Husker player. I'm sure this has been posted before, and my apologies if it has. Just thought I'd bring it back up.

Since I went to a D2 school and most of the schools around here are also D2, it's rare to see anybody from this area wind up getting any playing time for the Huskers, but I remember Steve Kriewald being a pretty good fullback. I was a freshman when he was a senior at NL-S, and we played against them at home in the state playoffs. Since we had a pretty deep team that year and I was just a freshman, I never got in during the game, but I definitely remember watching him burn our fastest guys every time he had room to run. We ended up winning the game, but just barely.

Anybody else have any stories like that?

I've played against C.J. Zimmerer, and former commit Trevor Robinson. Didn't fare too well in those games.

EDIT- I also played in a scrimmage against Robert Berry at a camp. We won that scrimmage though. He also played QB in high school, which, at 6'8, was weird to see.

I played with the kelsays and quint hogrefe... its funny of the three Chris turned out the best, but was probably the the lesser of the 3 in HS. quint was CLEARLY the best in HS but never broke through.... if he would have gone there a few years later he would have played more. I played against matt davison in basketball and baseball from 3rd grade on.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

Funny you mention him. My son played against him in high school and still says the hardest he ever got hit on the field in high school or college was when he tackled Woodhead (or when he tried to tackle him).

Sorry to disrupt the thread.

Not a husker but somewhat related. I have couple of friends that played against Danny Woodhead. I didn't get to play against him as I went to a smaller school about 10 miles away. That was probably fortunate.

That's the way I felt about not being on the field at the same time as Kriewald. I got hit by a few of the seniors on our team when I was a freshman, and to say the least it wasn't pleasant. Those same seniors got lit up by Kriewald several times.

This goes back, my son played with C.J. Zimmerer on the Omaha Cornhuskers. Played a game in K.C. and it was the coldest, windiest, snowy day ever! Parents kept going to their cars to warm up. The Ref made the kids take off all their Under Armour protective shirts and face masks (as they, the officials) kept theirs on. Had a blast though, I believe they were the Kansas State Champions.

Played against Jay Moore, Mike Huff, Andy Kadavy, Sam Koch and probably some more. Ben Zajicek was a Senior when I was a freshman in high school at Beatrice.

Was Koch on the Seward team that won state in 2001? If so, I played him when they came out here and thumped us.

I played Danny in basketball in high school. I believe I even blocked a shot of his! :P