Anybody play with/against a Husker in high school?

played with and went to school with Gerald Armstrong ,he playe TE in the early 90s same town Justin Blatchfords from, ponca ne, and my boss Jerod Higman played lb at the same time Gerald did at nebraska, all 3 are great people

Sounds like Ponca has a pretty good team against this year. They could've won last night with only two plays in their entire offensive playbook.

i havent seen them play at all this year i grew up in ponca but really dont go there much

I was teammates with Pat Shaw at Aurora, and my younger brother played with Tom Haase & Jim Wanek. My son played on a summer basketball travel team with Bret Maher. I don't know if this counts but I was in a rumble one night on South Locust, and exchanged punches with Tom Rathman (he hit pretty hard)!!

played against Tom Rathman in HS. He was a senior and i was a Sophmore. I came in for an injured player and tackled him twice. caused 1 fumble. That was our only win of the year and their only loss of the regular season. We won 15-14 or 14-13 with a last second TD and conversion.

i remember that game very well. you are from hastings. do you remember that after the gi game we all had to sit down and eat chili together with them. i suppose it was do diffuse some of the hard feelings the two schools always seemed to have for each other. oh well.

played against Tom Rathman in HS. He was a senior and i was a Sophmore. I came in for an injured player and tackled him twice. caused 1 fumble. That was our only win of the year and their only loss of the regular season. We won 15-14 or 14-13 with a last second TD and conversion.

i remember that game very well. you are from hastings. do you remember that after the gi game we all had to sit down and eat chili together with them. i suppose it was do diffuse some of the hard feelings the two schools always seemed to have for each other. oh well.

I played for Columbus when Rathman was a senior so we would have played Hastings also. We weren't good- think we went 2-7 my senior year. Only wins coming against Kearney and I think southsioux city. We always got along well with the Hastings teams. I rem your QB, Kester, Kaiser something like that. Short stocky kid but a bit of a load when he hit you.

lol fun topic. I'll go a little old school.

football- 9th grade played against sammy sims. i played on the o-line. sammy intercepted a pass. he came at me and me at him, only he had a full head of steam. that was as hard as i have ever been it. knocked me silly. he was constantly hitting on my gf in college. we've been married 30 years now. :) played with Scott Woodard in jr high.

basketball- 9th grade played against junior miller. put up 19 on him and held him to a lot less. played with woodard in high school and played against mike mcgee. no he's not a husker but he was mike mcgee.

college intramural basketball - played against a team of football players. lol they kicked our ass ... while stoned. hey it was the 70's.

I actually was tutored at QB by Former Idaho Vandal, Now Chicago Bear QB Nathan Enderle, and that was at the same High School that Danny Woodhead came from(I graduated with his younger brother actually.) and We played against now Husker I-Back Collins Okafor while he was still at Omaha Westside. In High School that dude had UNREAL speed. And actually, I THINK (I'm not 100% sure here) I played against Jared Crick at one point. We played Cozad for a JV Game and since we were a class up, it was some of their varsity team, and he was one of them. Also played one game against Jim Ebke while he was still a High School QB.