Game Yesterday

What a great game to watch...the tailgating was great as well. I am a local Minnesota guy and was lucky to get three tickets for my father, nephew, and myself all by each other for $200....great connection through the Gophers helped me out.

I thought I would get more grief from the Gopher fans, especially since I was right next to the student section. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Sitting behind us was some dumbass Husker fan who verbally assaulted my 17 year old nephew for standing (during the first 2-3 minutes of the game)...he did not ask beforehand, but went right to being a complete a-hole. The Gopher fans around us were all shocked. I looked over at him and told him to settle down and just ask us to sit down and we would have. He proceeded to tell me how much he paid for his ticket and how much of a dumbass I was being for standing up for my nephew. I am just extremely disappointed in this moron....we were cheering for the same team. It was great when the Gopher fans were standing up for us and started barking back at him.

On the other hand, there was a couple in front of us who were Husker fans that we were high fiving with and having a great time. I just hope there were no other d-bags acting like this. I could accept it if it were Gopher fans being obnoxious, but the fact that another Husker fan was acting like an ass to fellow Husker fan was a joke.

Sorry had to vent....

Hope all of you that were in attendance had a great time....it was great seeing the 'Bank' filled with RED!

Sat in section 233 Row 15... Had a dill hole Minnesota fan behind me, and a jerk NU fan by me, MU fan started trash talking my mom, my brother talked to him and he was cool after that (I would be pissed to if my team was getting pounded, but dont trash talk to my mother). Heard a bunch of smack talk in the restroom at the half, but dont care, jerks are everywhere.... The stadium is awesome, has a cool view of the downtown area... More than let down most of the student section didn't show. Parked in the tailgating lot for "boosters" and the Gopher band came through, found that really neat, NU band came through as well. Cops in the lot could each LPD a few things about crowd control and community interaction, absolutely cannot say enough good about them, show the badge but let people have a good time as long as you keep it within "limits" Talked a ton with Gopher fans before and after the game, had a wonderful time overall... Don't let one fan (or in my case two) ruin your good time. Stuff like this happens no matter where you go....

Sat in section 233 Row 15... Had a dill hole Minnesota fan behind me, and a jerk NU fan by me, MU fan started trash talking my mom, my brother talked to him and he was cool after that (I would be pissed to if my team was getting pounded, but dont trash talk to my mother). Heard a bunch of smack talk in the restroom at the half, but dont care, jerks are everywhere.... The stadium is awesome, has a cool view of the downtown area... More than let down most of the student section didn't show. Parked in the tailgating lot for "boosters" and the Gopher band came through, found that really neat, NU band came through as well. Cops in the lot could each LPD a few things about crowd control and community interaction, absolutely cannot say enough good about them, show the badge but let people have a good time as long as you keep it within "limits" Talked a ton with Gopher fans before and after the game, had a wonderful time overall... Don't let one fan (or in my case two) ruin your good time. Stuff like this happens no matter where you go....

We sat pretty close to each other...I was in 228. The student section is always lame there...something about the cops always being outside of the stadium and giving breathalyzer tests for potential minors. I have been to a handful of games at the Bank and the student section is pretty bare. I think the reason they were there on Saturday was b/c of Homecoming. The tailgating was great...we were in Lot 37 and there were A LOT Husker fans.

We did not let this a-hole ruin the game. It was my dad and nephew's first Husker game. I was just shocked that another Husker fan would try to be that big of an ass to a fellow Husker fan at an away game.

It is awesome to have the Big Red in the BIG now so I can at least go to a game every other year.

Here is one of my shots from the game.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/icedavis/6273103654/in/photostream/lightbox/

Speaking of the "sitting down"...we had seats in 117 but I brought my dad to the 200 level seats to check out the views. I noticed there were a LOT of older Husker fans attending the game and during our short visit to the 200 level we saw a lot of them making their way up the stairs. I first felt bad that they had to climb the stairs but also felt bad because a lot of them wanted the seatback things you can get in Lincoln but they don't have that availability at TCF. One older guy kept trying to pull the ones that were there off the bleachers even though they were bolted on.

I understand that is the nature of the beast but many people kept asking where to get them, some didnt get it and these were mostly the kind of older people you give your seat to on the bus or train.