The Walking Dead

New promo pics for Fear are giving some the thought that the Whisperers maybe in S4 of Fear.   Maybe build them up during the summer and have the two shows combine in the fall?  That would be strange to move that whole story arc to Fear.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, Redux said:

Does anyone ecwn remember the whole show arc of the weirdo cops in the skyscraper building that kept people hostage?  Most people don't even remember it until it's brought up, and even less thought it was good.  That's because it was all original material, none of it came from the comics, hence why it felt so out of place.  It's only real purpose was to prolong getting to Alexandria and meeting Negan.  What they do next after this story arc will either revive or sink this show.  I'm not optimistic for it's survival right now.

I would never have guessed that, they fitted perfectly into the single-themed gang that dominated the story from S4 and onward.  The Cop-Docs seemed much more realistic than the Wolves and Garbage Pail Kids.

Edited by Notre Dame Joe
  • Plus1 1

It was okay.  It led to them killing off Beth for basically no reason.

This weeks episode was so beyond mind numbing.  The episode was fine, but wtf are they doing when writing Rick?  A week ago he tells dying Carl "I'll make your dream real".  Literally an hour later "Screw Jadis who I just had to come see for no reason" and "I'm gonna kill you Negan".  Both of those things would be directly the OPPOSITE of what he promised dying Carl, whom he seems to be mourning quite easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Sunday's episode.  Gotta say, that may have been the best episode of thr season if I'm being honest.  The Negan and Rick chase and fight was well done.  Simon and Dwight are both veering in different directions, the Saviors are unknowingly spinning out of control.  A cameo by a new group, probably the Commonwealth (fingers crossed).  And a cliffhanger I actually liked for the first time in a long time, Jadis ends up with Negan at gun point.

I won't go into spoilers, partly because the show has gone a bit off the rails in terms of source material.  But, the Commonwealth is a MASSIVE community based out of Ohio.  This isn't how they were introduced in the comic, but I like this early preview so far.  It will make the post All Out War arc interesting.  I expect Dwight and Simon to end up struggling for control perhaps since Negan is currently a hostage.  Perhaps Jadis will use him as leverage to make a deal with Rick?  I'm finally excited to see where they go with this.

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Just watched Sunday's episode.  Gotta say, that may have been the best episode of thr season if I'm being honest.  The Negan and Rick chase and fight was well done.  Simon and Dwight are both veering in different directions, the Saviors are unknowingly spinning out of control.  A cameo by a new group, probably the Commonwealth (fingers crossed).  And a cliffhanger I actually liked for the first time in a long time, Jadis ends up with Negan at gun point.

I won't go into spoilers, partly because the show has gone a bit off the rails in terms of source material.  But, the Commonwealth is a MASSIVE community based out of Ohio.  This isn't how they were introduced in the comic, but I like this early preview so far.  It will make the post All Out War arc interesting.  I expect Dwight and Simon to end up struggling for control perhaps since Negan is currently a hostage.  Perhaps Jadis will use him as leverage to make a deal with Rick?  I'm finally excited to see where they go with this.

I just watched it finally last night and I agree. I really enjoyed this episode. It will be interesting to see where they go after the all out war with the Saviors. I'm not sure how many episodes are left before the season finale, but I really hope they wrap things up with Negan before the finale. It will be interesting to see what they do from there.

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

If it is the commonwealth, that would make me think they are indeed moving the Whisperers to Fear.

And just an FYI, April 15th is the season finale and season premier of Fear.  They are doing a special crossover for that and showing it at local theaters, along with 30 minutes of bonus material.

I really REALLY hope they stick to the material and introduce the Whisperers after All Out War.  I think they will considering if that was the Commonwealth, they need a lot of time to construct the civilization Georgie and Maggie discussed (windmills etc).  Doing a small time jump and an entire season or so of the Whisperers allows for that to happen, and for Eugene to reestablish a connection with thr Commonwealth.  I still hope FTWD becomes the Whisperers but I doubt it at this point, I just hope that arc stays where it belongs.

Yeah the last episode was the first one in a long time that I really liked.  I don't follow it as closely as some of you, like I literally don't know all the peoples names...but it seems like the Saviors are falling apart a bit.  When the guy with the hair and the guy with the face were searching for the guy with the bat...it was pretty tense.

• 3 weeks later...

Simon got off 'easy'   I was really hoping for another Glenn scene.  Lucille needed another victim.   I know this is a week old, but the stupid helicopter scene.   Don't tell me the pilot can't see Negan tied up with that deformed walker (roller in this case) and doesn't stay to find Jadis.  If anything do that scene at night, where the flare was needed, not in the middle of the day.  And where has Maggie been the last couple of episodes?   I haven't heard much good about her contract talks and fear they'll either Aunt Viv her or kill her off screen. 

Next week promises to be the end of the war, and the premier of Season 4 of Fear continuing the Morgan Arc.   Me and the misses got tickets and are seeing it at a local theater, along with 30 minutes of bonus footage.   Looking forward to this savior war to ending, and the beginning of the whisperers.   Though I'm afraid that with introduction of 'Georgie' (is she with the helicopter in some way?) that the whisperers could be passed off to Fear with Nick doing the Carl role and jumping to the Commonwealth.   It might actually be good (ala GoT) to get beyond the source material so fans won't compare the two and judge the TV show so harshly.

Well...at least this arc is over with.  What a mess.  Carl died for nothing, literally zero payoff.  Yet so many disposable characters lived through a war.  All the deviation from the source material only to end up right where it would have if they stayed true to the story.  And now we have some weird ass game of thrones vibe at the end of the finale.  Every character flip flopped so hard this season it made it impossible to connect with any of them, except maybe Negan.

Edited by Redux

For me the finale wasn't what I was hoping for, they should have trimmed some fat from the show.  Few 'major' characters I would have liked to have seen gone, none of whom was Carl, but I understand why they killed him (with Chandler wanting to go to college, there wasn't a lot of options for Carl, hands were almost forced to kill him, there was no way to really allow him to do both).  If they use source material and do the Whisperers arc, that will trim some, but I still have no need for Daryl at this point.  It didn't answer my questions about Jadis and the helicopter...I mean Anne and the helicopter.   No Sheryl resolution, which I am hoping she comes back.  I was also hoping for some sort of tease, after the resolution to the war, about Heath and maybe 'finding' him.

There were still things I liked about the finale, I'm happy they kept Negan and are using that source material.   I liked the swerve they did with Eugene.

Bonus was seeing it on the big screen with the much better sound system than at home.   I'll have to rewatch both to see what my 'bonus' footage was, but it was fun sitting with 50+ other fans watching it and interacting during the show.