The Walking Dead

24 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yeah Carl's death had zilch to do with him wanting to go to college.   He had no intentions of leaving the show and found out midway through season 8 that Gimple made the decision to kill him off.

My thoughts, Gimple killed him off because Chandler wanted to go to college.   Chandler didn't want to leave the show, he wanted to do both.  Gimple didn't want to have to work around that schedule and created the Carl got bit story arc.

Plus, if they wanted Rick to save Negan, they needed something to get Rick to change from his dark side.  Rick, in some aspects had become worse than Negan, and there needed to be a reason for him to come back.  Using the death of Carl and Negan taunting it, was what they came up with, could have been handled better.

If they do the Whisperer arc, I wonder if Enid would fill the Carl role.

Edited by sho

No, Gimple killed him for shock value.  Nothing more.  Chandler Riggs has almost no reason to go to college.  Gimple got "promoted" because of his steering too far from the story.

Carl didn't have to die for Rick to change, that's the bulls#!t reasoning the show runners gave for killing him off.  Carls death was completely outside of the war so it had no impact on it.  And for 8 seasons Ricks main focus was keeping Carl alive.  Carl dies, he shrugs it off and continues the war.  It was all pointless, Gimple is a moron.  Now the story has to be tweaked and the interest level of the show is at an all time low.

Hey @Redux are you assuming Lauren's contract has been figured out or have you read that somewhere?   Everything I see is she's still not under contract.   I've seen Gimple say he's 'pretty positive' she's returning, still a big gamble as she looks to be an antagonist in season 9.  I'm not sure where that storyline will go or how long, but I'm not a fan of Maggie acting that way.  With filming a few weeks away, the need to lock her in quick or 'Aunt Viv' her which would be a disaster.

1 hour ago, sho said:

Hey @Redux are you assuming Lauren's contract has been figured out or have you read that somewhere?   Everything I see is she's still not under contract.   I've seen Gimple say he's 'pretty positive' she's returning, still a big gamble as she looks to be an antagonist in season 9.  I'm not sure where that storyline will go or how long, but I'm not a fan of Maggie acting that way.  With filming a few weeks away, the need to lock her in quick or 'Aunt Viv' her which would be a disaster.

She wants more money for playing a lead role, can't blame her. AMC will cave.

19 hours ago, Redux said:

Well...at least this arc is over with.  What a mess.  Carl died for nothing, literally zero payoff.  Yet so many disposable characters lived through a war.  All the deviation from the source material only to end up right where it would have if they stayed true to the story.  And now we have some weird ass game of thrones vibe at the end of the finale.  Every character flip flopped so hard this season it made it impossible to connect with any of them, except maybe Negan.

I'd 2nd. or 3rd or 4th this.  Since the group united at Alexandria there were too many characters rushing through their mini-stories.  I cannot believe Gimple branded an "all out war" in which there were two casualties (Sasha and Carl) in two seasons.

7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

This show really has had a run of downright awful show runners. It's a same that AMC is so incredibly stingy; they should have kept Darabont around. 

I'd go back to Mazzazra implementing Darabont's ideas. 

3 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

She’s the girl that was mad because her doctor girlfriend took an arrow to the eye.  

She’s a boring character played by a bad actress.

She's a bit heavier than the other two.  I had trouble telling if I was watching Enid or Rosita and remembering their story lines, or if they even had them.