The Walking Dead

20 hours ago, Redux said:

That's on Gimple.  I think Chandler Riggs could have portrayed badass Carl if given the chance.

I feel the opposite.  Carl as a character was badass, Chandler Riggs is just a huge dweeb.  

For me it was never about Carl being a badass.  It should have been about Rick trying to preserve Carl's humanity while losing his own.  The show really just glossed over that and tried to make it about Rick's need to keep Carl alive, even though Carl was perfectly capable of keeping himself alive for the last 4 seasons. 

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I feel the opposite.  Carl as a character was badass, Chandler Riggs is just a huge dweeb.  

For me it was never about Carl being a badass.  It should have been about Rick trying to preserve Carl's humanity while losing his own.  The show really just glossed over that and tried to make it about Rick's need to keep Carl alive, even though Carl was perfectly capable of keeping himself alive for the last 4 seasons. 

I think a lot of that dweeb vibe came from thr way they wrote him.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:54 AM, The Dude said:

That's the biggest reason I was glad to see Carl die.

Spoiler

Pretty shocked that Rick let Negan live.

I kind of wanted to see someone kill Eugene. :D

Anyone watching/keeping up on Fear?   I thought S3 was their best season by far and have been looking forward to S4.  I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I am liking the build up of the new antagonist for this season, the Vultures.    I'm hoping the fill in some of the gap as the season goes along from how they all ended up at the baseball stadium after the dam explosion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, there COULD have been.  But a f#&%ing moron named Scott Gimple made the "bold" decision to kill of the heir to the throne for literally zero payoff.  Honestly, at this point they may as well kill off Rick and Maggie halfway through the Whisperer War and start building around Negan and Daryl.

Thanks Scott Gimple, you monumental choad.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:17 AM, The Dude said:

I dunno, as of 179 that's not really the direction of the comic.  Carl is still a side character.  It doesn't seem like there's any indication he's poised to be the lead character.

I can't even remember the last issue Carl was in, just read the last one, and I'm anxious to see where this Commonwealth/Class warfare story goes.