The Walking Dead

If anybody is having trouble accessing shows or wants to see some, I know of a free website that has updated tv shows almost instantly after they air. The website also has access to thousands of movies, often before they're released on dvd. You can download them straight to your computer or stream them over the internet. I know several people who have been using it for years. No viruses - no problems. If you want to know about it, message me and I can give you the details.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always hated zombie shows but actually like this one a lot. I think it has to do the survivalist aspect of the show, that always gets me watching. I agree the first season was better but I still watch. AMC has put on some good shows lately. I do like the new Hell on Wheels show as well.

Ugh. After the revelation and subsequent actions taken in last night's mid-season finale (not saying as they're massive spoilers), it's made all of the episodes past #2 so far a waste of time and energy. We already knew that Shane was/is a flaming douchebag--we didn't need six episodes for him to delve into complete asshattery, when it was entirely believable he would do so after one.

And AMC (and other cable outlets), seriously--enough with putting shows on hiatus, folks--pretty soon, we'll have quarter-season finales (like what ScFy did to Eureka...until they decided to kill their second best show, ratings-wise, because they didn't want to pay.)

Also, if you've read the graphic novel compilations or comic books this series is based on, it's easy to see what kind of arc they're taking with Shane and who will ultimately do him in. The question is why they haven't done it already, as his character is a drain on the series as a whole.

Ugh. After the revelation and subsequent actions taken in last night's mid-season finale (not saying as they're massive spoilers), it's made all of the episodes past #2 so far a waste of time and energy. We already knew that Shane was/is a flaming douchebag--we didn't need six episodes for him to delve into complete asshattery, when it was entirely believable he would do so after one.

And AMC (and other cable outlets), seriously--enough with putting shows on hiatus, folks--pretty soon, we'll have quarter-season finales (like what ScFy did to Eureka...until they decided to kill their second best show, ratings-wise, because they didn't want to pay.)

Also, if you've read the graphic novel compilations or comic books this series is based on, it's easy to see what kind of arc they're taking with Shane and who will ultimately do him in. The question is why they haven't done it already, as his character is a drain on the series as a whole.

While Shane is the character that creates the most tension, I think that seeing the slow degradation of his mental state was interesting--and this came to a head during this episode. He's confronts Dale in the swamp, who says that he's fit for this type of world. I thought those words echoed all throughout the entire season because it proved that Shane was right about most things. Herschel was delusional, Sofia wasn't alive, Andrea did need to 'woman' up, and Lori's baby is probably his.

Shane only seems like a flaming douchebag because he's so aggressive and will do anything he can to survive. He got their guns back, forced Rick and Herschel to realize the truth what they were doing and he refused for them to stay in denial. Releasing the walkers was calculated--there were 5 armed people waiting for them to come out--the walkers stood no chance, but more importantly, there was no more discussion about what to do with them. Diplomacy fails when negotiating with madness. Shane took decisive action, but in an unhinged, nutty way.

As far as the parallel between the show and the graphic novel, I'm halfway led to believe that they are deviating from the novel's storyline since, as you said, they haven't done him in yet. We have seen the Herschel storyline come forward, but the Shane storyline has been interesting to see as the series plays out.