• You cannot reply to this topic
1273 replies to this topic

#51 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Man, seriously. If you think Walking Dead is a great show, you clearly haven't ever watched Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Dexter (seasons 1&2 at least), Mad Men, etc etc etc. Its an ok show. Absolutely nothing to gush over.

GWVSyI4.pngtschu52small_zpsadf5d69c.png18-WR.jpg46.jpgeric1001.jpgeric1002.jpgeric1003.jpgeric1004.jpgeric1006.jpgeric1005.jpgeric1007.jpg

#52 'SkersRule

All Conference

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

They keep using the same plot devices....its getting old.

In a world of zombie apocalypse how many different plot lines realistically are there? Every show is about survival and the double tap.
"Panem et Circensus" translates into "Bread and Circuses." A Latin phrase about Rome, the writer was saying that in return for full bellies and entertainment, his people had given up their political ressponsibilities and therefore their power." Plutarich Heavensbee -- "Mockingjay" --Book 3 of "The Hunger Games."

Posted Image

#53 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

They keep using the same plot devices....its getting old.

In a world of zombie apocalypse how many different plot lines realistically are there? Every show is about survival and the double tap.

Read World War Z, there are tons.

This season has rocked. They're killing everybody off. Bravo Walking Dead, well done.

Question for those that have been watching...so are the rules different now? Does everyone turn into a zombie after they die? Bitten or not?

Your first thirty posts in this forum have complained about this season, now you show up and say it's rocked? Fairweather, much?

Ever since the "Nebraska" episode, I've felt like they've really got there stuff together, and this next episode looks pretty freaking legit

That was for the Fall half-season which was weak compared to the Spring season and first season

#teamdexel

#54 'SkersRule

All Conference

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

When I see the picture in your sig Bucky I somehow always seem to think it is of Nebraska. Then I correct myself because I know we haven't won a championship of any kind since 1999.

:facepalm:
"Panem et Circensus" translates into "Bread and Circuses." A Latin phrase about Rome, the writer was saying that in return for full bellies and entertainment, his people had given up their political ressponsibilities and therefore their power." Plutarich Heavensbee -- "Mockingjay" --Book 3 of "The Hunger Games."

Posted Image

#55 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Man, seriously. If you think Walking Dead is a great show, you clearly haven't ever watched Deadwood, The Wire, Sopranos, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Dexter (seasons 1&2 at least), Mad Men, etc etc etc. Its an ok show. Absolutely nothing to gush over.

I'm sorry you have a problem with The Walking Dead maybe you shouldn't watch it anymore.

Its not a secret that The Walking Dead is being talked about more and more each week and is gaining more audiences every Sunday. The Walking Dead is topping the ratings weekly and is the #1 cable show as of today.

#56 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm sorry you have a problem with The Walking Dead maybe you shouldn't watch it anymore.

Its not a secret that The Walking Dead is being talked about more and more each week and is gaining more audiences every Sunday. The Walking Dead is topping the ratings weekly and is the #1 cable show as of today.

Just because I think it isn't premiere television doesn't mean I should stop watching. And FWIW, I only watch because my gf and roommates force me.

People will watch much dumber things than this (Real World, Desperate Housewives, etc).

Popular =/= good. Otherwise Ke$ha would be the greatest musical artist of all time.

GWVSyI4.pngtschu52small_zpsadf5d69c.png18-WR.jpg46.jpgeric1001.jpgeric1002.jpgeric1003.jpgeric1004.jpgeric1006.jpgeric1005.jpgeric1007.jpg

#57 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Good point...almost, except for the fact that all the shows you mentioned lack a key feature: Zombies.

#teamdexel

#58 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,094 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Good point...almost, except for the fact that all the shows you mentioned lack a key feature: Zombies.

+1 with 10 more if I could spare them.

"I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

#59 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Including the Walking Dead, most episodes

#60 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,894 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

I'm older, refresh my memory; what episode didn't have a zombie this season?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.

Posted Image

HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/page/huskerboard_rules.html      

#61 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

If I'm gonna watch a zombie apocalypse show, there better be zombies in every episode. Not ZOMBIE, singular. I bet that more episodes than not have had 3 or less zombies.

It just really sucks that after the first 2-3 episodes that they decided to break off into soap opera world. The show doesn't know what it is.

#62 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

If I'm gonna watch a zombie apocalypse show, there better be zombies in every episode. Not ZOMBIE, singular. I bet that more episodes than not have had 3 or less zombies.

It just really sucks that after the first 2-3 episodes that they decided to break off into soap opera world. The show doesn't know what it is.

Just to let you know that even in the graphic novels not every comic had zombies in it

#63 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Just to let you know that even in the graphic novels not every comic had zombies in it

lol

#64 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

So what did everybody think of the finale?

#65 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

So what did everybody think of the finale?

Loved it.

#teamdexel

#66 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,894 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Pretty darn good. I never read the comic. Quit readin' them when they cost $0.10 and .25 :D

The hooded chick looks pretty wicked though. Nicely accessorized :)

Posted Image

HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/page/huskerboard_rules.html      

#67 GM_Tood

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Yeah nice to see Michonne character introduced, even if only for 3sec. Next season can't come soon enough.

j6xtuTK.png

#68 It'sNotAFakeID

Wizard of Osborne

• Mods
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

tschu thought there wasn't enough zombies.

Honestly, it was a fantastic end to a fantastic season.

And the shows you listed earlier tschu, they aren't anything to gush over either.

#69 nhuskers5

Backup

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

tschu thought there wasn't enough zombies.

Honestly, it was a fantastic end to a fantastic season.

And the shows you listed earlier tschu, they aren't anything to gush over either.

I agree. The only ones worth watching are Mad Men and Breaking Bad...coincidentally both done by AMC...

You can really start to see Rick's transition now. I thought that was the best episode they've had yet, aside from maybe this season's premiere

#70 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

You guys are out of your minds. Those shows I listed are pretty widely acclaimed as some of the best TV series of all time, and certainly the best of the last decade.

Finale wasn't bad fwiw

#71 It'sNotAFakeID

Wizard of Osborne

• Mods
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Where is The Walking Dead not widely acclaimed as some of the best TV series of all time, and certainly the best of the last decade?

Listen, everyone has their critiques...if I and others think The Walking Dead is the best series on TV right now, so be it. If you don't, so be it. Nothing's going to change that.

:backtotopic

#72 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Legend

• Members
  • 16,094 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Are people seriously that jaded?! We have a seriously kickass show with the best zombie make-up and some of the most unique, creative and downright gruesome gore ever seen on television. It's got excellent actors, excellent production, music, etc. etc. etc. and people still find something to whine about. :) It's not perfect, but imagine how people would be running out of their homes stabbing each other and screaming in hysteria if they saw this 50 years ago.

"I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

#73 wildman

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Are people seriously that jaded?! We have a seriously kickass show with the best zombie make-up and some of the most unique, creative and downright gruesome gore ever seen on television. It's got excellent actors, excellent production, music, etc. etc. etc. and people still find something to whine about. :) It's not perfect, but imagine how people would be running out of their homes stabbing each other and screaming in hysteria if they saw this 50 years ago.

Could you imagine how it'd be if they combined the broadcast of War of the Worlds over the radio with an zombie appocalypse as well?

Posted Image

#74 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm convinced nobody here has ever watched TV before.

#75 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Where is The Walking Dead not widely acclaimed as some of the best TV series of all time, and certainly the best of the last decade?

lol its reviews come nowhere close to any of the shows I mentioned

#76 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Like I said, I don't care if you enjoy it, just enjoy it for what it is. Not because its OMG One of the Best Shows of All Time!!!!!!

#77 It'sNotAFakeID

Wizard of Osborne

• Mods
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

But I think it is the one of the better shows on TV right now, and nothing you say is going to change my mind. I could not give any f***s about what critics or any body else says. It's just like movies, I could not care any less about what critics have to say, if I like it, I'm going to say it's one of the better shows on TV.

Condescension is very unbecoming of you.

#78 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Dear god the television snobery going on here. Its TV, watching it alone makes you a mindless idiot...to argue about shows is just pe-tarded.

#teamdexel

#79 Stu

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Loved the finale. This season was by far the best, last couple episodes were very well done.

BTW, the shows I watch are better than anyone elses shows that they watch.
"Successful people are lucky, just ask a failure" - The Ultimate Warrior

#80 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Dear god the television snobery going on here. Its TV, watching it alone makes you a mindless idiot...to argue about shows is just pe-tarded.

:D

But I think it is the one of the better shows on TV right now, and nothing you say is going to change my mind. I could not give any f***s about what critics or any body else says. It's just like movies, I could not care any less about what critics have to say, if I like it, I'm going to say it's one of the better shows on TV.

Condescension is very unbecoming of you.

I think we are drawing towards agreement now. Movies- I am in complete agreement with you, snobbery is just insane, and the critics can usually go f#*k themselves. Nothing wrong with 2 hours of shooting and explosions. But I usually find myself agreeing with TV critics much more. Some greatness is easy to spot - the immersiveness and the social issues encompassing nearly every minute of The Wire, or the incredible dialogue of Deadwood. (Swearingen is just such an incredible character).

And like I said, the show is getting better now that they had some changes in the management. The pilot and ep. 2 were good, then the rest of S1 and the first half of S2 were largely boring and full of pointless dialogue and hilarious plot holes. (They looked for Sophia for 7 whole episodes! That should be a 1-2 episode plot arc!) Since the new guy took over, there has been more action, more drama, more things happening, more zombies, and a much better show. I am admittedly anxious to see where they go from here on out - a lot might depend on the budget they are given since I know this show has been massively limited by budget.

#81 It'sNotAFakeID

Wizard of Osborne

• Mods
  • 8,299 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

Define, pe-tarded.

#82 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'm thinking about buying the graphic novels on Amazon but first I'm going to the local comic store and see if they have them there at a decent price.

#83 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,836 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'm thinking about buying the graphic novels on Amazon but first I'm going to the local comic store and see if they have them there at a decent price.

I was going to go the Amazon route as well but I'm not paying that much for comics. Let us know what you find at the comic store!!

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#84 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

I was going to go the Amazon route as well but I'm not paying that much for comics. Let us know what you find at the comic store!!

I thought the Amazon route of $8 or $9 issuer was cheaper than the Barnes and Noble route of $15 bucks per issue.

But yes I will let you know what the Comic book store is asking.

#85 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

So I called the Comic book store and their prices vary per issue because some issues have 6 collective material inside one issue but looking at TWD comics on Wikipedia it seems like all 15 issues all have 6 collective material so I don't get where she's getting the price difference because some issues have more than the other.

Anyways the comics start around the $9 range and there are some that are less and more than $9 so its cheaper to get it here in town instead of paying for it on Amazon plus the shipping. They don't have all of the issues because its been a hot comic since TWD season 2 started and heated up the last few weeks. They are expecting to get more issues in by Friday. I'm going to stop by tomorrow and see which issues they have.

#86 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Define, pe-tarded.

I can't quite tell you...I just remember it from Family Guy....

Anyhow, if you guys want to find the comics for cheap and you have an apple product there's an app called x comics or something like that that offers Walking Dead volumes of 4-5 comics for $4.99, cheapest route I've seen so far but its not nearly as nice as having a paper copy.

#teamdexel

#87 hskerholic

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

They have hardcover collections 7 of them and there are 12 issues in each you can get them for like 20ish a piece from amazon!

#88 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,836 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

They have hardcover collections 7 of them and there are 12 issues in each you can get them for like 20ish a piece from amazon!

I was actually looking at those. I read the "American Vampire" series and I usually just wait for a hardcover to come out every 8 months or whatever.

That might be the route I go. The hardcovers are nice, and easier to take care of IMO.

EAT THE RICH

#89 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,149 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#90 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Comic Con trailer for season 3 (stop at 3:55ish if you don't want to see the spoiler):

The last five episodes of season 2 were the best of the series, I have a really good feeling about season 3.
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#91 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

when will season 2 be available on netflix?
Posted Image

#92 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

when will season 2 be available on netflix?

Probably October 14th, when season 3 debuts.
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#93 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

I think it was last Sunday July 8th on the Talking Dead they said (producer and creator) that this season will be nonstop action with more zombies and main characters dying.

#94 Dewiz

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been bumped since Season 3 started last night. Finally watched the first episode today and I must say I have a feeling that this years season will be badass with nonstop action and thrills

#95 Stu

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

It was pretty amazing.

I wish I could wait out the whole season and marathon this show, but I know fb and people at work would spoil it.
"Successful people are lucky, just ask a failure" - The Ultimate Warrior

#96 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Rick is starting to annoy me, I am not sure why, but he just does.
Gotta love the PPC

#97 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,836 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Rick is starting to annoy me, I am not sure why, but he just does.

I get that he's in a constant state of agitation; he has to lead the group, but no one trusts him. His wife is preggo with someone else's baby, but she's always trying to get in his head to get him to do things differently. He's kind of a whiny bitch about it though lol.

The season premiere was ok. Things were going too well the entire episode that you could just sense something bad was going to happen and leave you with a cliffhanger for next week.

EAT THE RICH

#98 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

If I was Rick, I would lose that lame wife and start nailing the blonde that was in the group. But, thats just me, I am a pig.
Gotta love the PPC

#99 GM_Tood

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

If I was Rick, I would lose that lame wife and start nailing the blonde that was in the group. But, thats just me, I am a pig.

Beth? ;)

j6xtuTK.png

#100 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Alot of the characters annoy me, honestly. But it's still a good show. Carl needs to get eaten or something.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users