Here is why we lost

Nebraska:

Rushing Attempts: 34

Passing Attempts: 38

Northwestern:

Rushing Attempts: 53

Passing Attempts: 24

Our rushing game wasn't there early because we were getting dominated up front. What does Beck do? Completely abandons the running game the rest of the game. No difference than Watson was and and other offensive coordinator with spread/multiple/wco background.

We have no identity and it comes through in games like this.

Im done with Bo Pelini. Go out and hire a few more of your high school buddies to round out your coaching staff. You are a defensive coordinator (proving to be a very average one), not a head coach.

Nebraska:

Northwestern:

Our rushing game wasn't there early because we were getting dominated up front. What does Beck do? Completely abandons the running game the rest of the game. No difference than Watson was and and other offensive coordinator with spread/multiple/wco background.

Im done with Bo Pelini. Go out and hire a few more of your high school buddies to round out your coaching staff. You are a defensive coordinator (proving to be a very average one), not a head coach.

it was a defense problem today. Offense did not play great, but more burden of the loss on the D

How about showing nothing new on offense. Running the same two running plays out of the same set made NU easy to defend.

Props to Taylor for playing a very good game, but when Beck falls back into his :pound the square peg into the round hole" mode, NU is very easy to defend.

No creativity on O. For some reason Beck was conservative early(as he usually is) in this game when I personally didn't think we needed to be, especially with their o and the weakness of their D. As I said before, NW only had to defend 15 yards for much of the game until we had to start throwing, this made the D look much stouter than what it really is. Coach Beck is gonna want this game back.

WE lost this game in the first half. I don't really blame the defeense. I f thought going in NOrthwestern would scorre 21 to 28 points. OUr pathetic play calling and predictability run game lost this game. WHy do we refuse to use our speed on the edge. INstead on 3rd and 3 we insist on running between the tackes when they have 9 in the box. VEry frustrating to watch

• Fire 2

We lost because..... 1. We don't get pressure with our front four anymore. 2. The playcalling had no creativity. Why is it so hard to come up with new packages or personnel groups? 3. The team had zero intensity..... I understand BK is a senior but I think its timeto go in another direction at wr, he drops just as many as he catches. The talent level of certain position groups has been exposed all season and it caught up with us today. This team has a long way to go.

Nebraska:

Northwestern:

We lost because "our offense had no identity"?

This one's for you, my friend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Beck takes what the defense was giving him...which came in the passing game. Sometimes the runs not going to be there. And you have to be able to pass, which he called, and which Taylor did well. I was hoping he would've called a few more passes, but I don't think it was his playcalling that did us in.

We lost because we coughed it up twice, dropped 5 passes and didn't execute defensively. Those are things you can blame Beck on, right...

• Fire 2

We lost because we didn't run it enough? I think we lost because we didn't pass it enough. It was effective all day long, yet we continued to go back to a failing power run game. I think we lost the game for the exact opposite reason that you said in the OP.

Go be a fan somewhere if you call for a coaches head EVERY single loss. We can't go undefeated every single year, and guess what the college football world is much different than it was 15 years ago. Teams are much more balanced now then they were back then.

Not to mention, NORTHWESTERN HAS A GOOD TEAM. We knew they were good all week, and if this loss surprised you than you don't know wtf you are talking about. I'm sick of these "fans" that know absolutely nothing about our program other than what the listen to on the radio and see on saturdays.

The University of Nebraska doesn't want you as a fan anymore, please go be a fan of Boise St, where you only have to pay attention to 1 game a year like we did 10 years ago.

• Fire 1

We lost because we didn't run it enough? I think we lost because we didn't pass it enough. It was effective all day long, yet we continued to go back to a failing power run game. I think we lost the game for the exact opposite reason that you said in the OP.

Go be a fan somewhere if you call for a coaches head EVERY single loss. We can't go undefeated every single year, and guess what the college football world is much different than it was 15 years ago. Teams are much more balanced now then they were back then.

Not to mention, NORTHWESTERN HAS A GOOD TEAM. We knew they were good all week, and if this loss surprised you than you don't know wtf you are talking about. I'm sick of these "fans" that know absolutely nothing about our program other than what the listen to on the radio and see on saturdays.

The University of Nebraska doesn't want you as a fan anymore, please go be a fan of Boise St, where you only have to pay attention to 1 game a year like we did 10 years ago.

harsh, but true

All we heard from Beck in the offseason was how this offense was going to "Attack." His predictable running game was stuffed early and he gave up. Taylor did a great job in the passing game today, which is why we scored points. We didn't see one single misdirection running play. Counters, Traps, Reverses, Naked Boots, and HB passes. All of those would have stopped NW from over-pursuing Burkhead.