ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

When we have losses like this the Pelini haters come out in full force... This team needs to improve as well as the coaching. They know this and will fix it.

In short be disappointed in the loss, express concerns about the o-line or the defense. But support the damn team win or loss or go cheer for Mizzou, Okie-lite, Auburn, or any of those other teams with no history of greatness, and a bandwagon fan base that vanishes after the first loss of any season.

I did not say you could not be critical. In fact in my post I encouraged it. The defense played porously, the offensive line couldn't get a push. Rex looked tired, probably due in part to the offensive line, Memorial stadium for as rocking as it was last week was completely dead this week. Discussions like those are the ones I come to read. I was incredibly disappointed in the game and the way much of the team played. I came on within minutes of the game to read discussion on that, or maybe even Martinez's excellent play and the fact that he took the team on his shoulders a nearly willed it to a win in the 2nd half. However as disappointed as I was in the game, I was even more disappointed in the the threads started by some "fans" such as "Get Ready for another Decade of Mediocrity," "Bo Needs to Go," and other extreme threads of that nature were the embarrassment.

Criticize, have good discussion, express disappointments, thoughts and concerns, but support the team!

Out of +1 for the day. I was disgusted by those threads as well. We all knew this was going to be a challenging year for the team in a new conference as well as new coaches. I think Crick was hurt all this year as well, and the rest of the new guys on defense are going to take some time to develop. We have exceeded expectations on offense and have not come close to our expectations on defense. The silly personal fouls and false start penalties have decreased from last year. I think the only way we can compete with the Alabama, Orgon, LSU, Ohio States year in year out is to have consistency with our coaching staff as well as our in state walk on program. Someone in a prior thread was even bashing playing too many Nebraska kids. Does anyome remember how many offensive starters we had on the 97 team that were from Nebraska. I counted one time we had 9 Nebraska kids starting a few games on offense in 97. NINE.

I am not saying that we cannot criticize constructively. This team and coaching staff has a lot of room for improvement. Bo is our best chance at 9-10 win seasons with a run every 4-5 years for more.

Serioulsy I'm beyond TIRED of hearing the term "fair weather fan" who is anyone on this board to call anyone a "fair weather fan," what makes you so much better than any other fan on this board, we all have one common goal, we want to see Nebraska win championships, period, end of story. From conference titles to national titles, we all we want to win, at the end of the day we may all have completely different points of view but we're all on the same time. Who are people to come on here and say people who criticize the program aren't real fans or call them "fair weather fans." This term needs to stop because nobody on here is a "fair weather fan" just by the fact that you are on a Nebraska Message Board means you love this program and want to see it succeed, argue your views till the cows come home, but don't call anyone on here who loves this program a "fair weather fan."

In short be disappointed in the loss, express concerns about the o-line or the defense. But support the damn team win or loss or go cheer for Mizzou, Okie-lite, Auburn, or any of those other teams with no history of greatness, and a bandwagon fan base that vanishes after the first loss of any season.

I did not say you could not be critical. In fact in my post I encouraged it. The defense played porously, the offensive line couldn't get a push. Rex looked tired, probably due in part to the offensive line, Memorial stadium for as rocking as it was last week was completely dead this week. Discussions like those are the ones I come to read. I was incredibly disappointed in the game and the way much of the team played. I came on within minutes of the game to read discussion on that, or maybe even Martinez's excellent play and the fact that he took the team on his shoulders a nearly willed it to a win in the 2nd half. However as disappointed as I was in the game, I was even more disappointed in the the threads started by some "fans" such as "Get Ready for another Decade of Mediocrity," "Bo Needs to Go," and other extreme threads of that nature were the embarrassment.

Criticize, have good discussion, express disappointments, thoughts and concerns. JUST. DON'T. BE. STUPID.

In other words it's ok to criticize the players and fans, but not Bo.

I don't think that's what he's getting at either. We can criticize Bo with no qualms in my opinion. But calling for him to be fired, question his assistant's morals and off the field activities, and a bunch of other worthless diatribe is the issue I think being presented here.

I think you hit the crux of the issue here Enhance. Some people do think that Bo should be fired, and that is their opinion. Why is that worthless diatribe? What makes that opinion any less than someone's who think Bo is great. I've seen as many posts in here saying "Bo is a great coach". I think that is almost as extreme as calling for him to be fired. But the thing is, whoever said it, that is their opinion. If someone can refute an opinion with facts and data, that's great, it makes a compelling argument, but calling it worthless just because it is different than the one you share (not necessarily you in particular, buy "you" in general) is just as bad.

Assistant coachs morals and off-field activites I'm staying away from. I don't know what goes on in Lincoln and morals are way to personal to get into here. That's a loaded issue.

Well that's what I was getting at. The worthless diatribe is the unfounded opinions, merely thrown out because a fan is upset. If they can't be supported by substantiated evidence or facts, I deem it to be worthless.

If someone disagrees with me, I don't think their opinion is worthless as long as they have a valid argument for why they feel the way they do. Unfortunately, a lot of "opinions" on this board have none of that.

these threads are really arrogant. i am surprised the posters can reach their keyboards atop their such high horses. yes, people who overreact are frustrating and annoying, but so are people who have some superiority complex and has to tell everyone how wrong they are in their emotions and posting. the board just devolves into posts that are unreadable because they are irrational and extreme and posts that are unreadable because they are just lectures one how everyone should behave as 'husker fans'. neither does any good, much like this post. in this post, i am as guilty as anyone i am complaining about, but that is the point for internet message boards, to be heard. but stop feeling sorry for yourselves because no one heeds your advice about how they should behave.

+1

It's just as old and tired as the very threads he's referring to.

This game reminds me of the ISU game a couple years ago. Several turnovers in the opposition red zone and NU lost to

a team they should've blown out. Total meltdown occurs until NU gets its next win.

I will be waiting for our game at Happy Valley this weekend.

If we get some help from Iowa we can still have a great year with a very young team.

My personal opinion is that threads like this are inflammatory and only serve to make the antagonism on this forum worse.

I despise these just as much as I hate the "Bo must go" stuff that inevitably pops up after a loss.

Few things represent arrogance and hubris to me more than telling someone you are a better fan than they are.

My personal opinion is that threads like this are inflammatory and only serve to make the antagonism on this forum worse.

I despise these just as much as I hate the "Bo must go" stuff that inevitably pops up after a loss.

Few things represent arrogance and hubris to me more than telling someone you are a better fan than they are.

Or better poster kettle ;)

The Huskers as a team deserved better than those conversations I referenced.

This game reminds me of the ISU game a couple years ago. Several turnovers in the opposition red zone and NU lost to

a team they should've blown out. Total meltdown occurs until NU gets its next win.

Excellent example actually.

Go rewatch the 2008 ISU game that NU appeared to win handily 35-7.

If you watch that tape you will see that ISU (under Chizik) was not good, but they still laid wood to NU all day. There were several, several hits/tackles that either dislodged or nearly dislodged balls (thank Swift and Petersen for hanging on).

At the time, I said to my watching partner, boy, Bo better be ready for these guys next year, NU nearly had about 5 fumbles.

The next year, under Rhoads, that same team still knew how to hit and tackle and NU more than willingly obliged by coughing it up 7 times (5 lost).

Now, my question is, did Bo and staff watch that tape of the 2008 and really emphasize ball security? I have no idea, but I can't fail to see the connection.

Now, call me hypercritical, but losing at home 3 straight years to middling to poor teams (ISU, TX, NW -- and yes, TX was middling last year) is a trend.

So.....we as fans have accepted mediocrity as a norm here at Nebraska? The alarming trend about Bo is that EVERY year since he has been here we have lost to an unranked team (at home) that we were supposed to win (on paper). I for one am getting sick and tired of not being able to improve each year. So what year exactly is Bo going to have this team "turn the corner"? How many more years (chances) do we give Bo and his staff? Am I saying fire the guy? I really don't know, but when does Osborne starting holding him accountable for these mishaps?

+10 to the OP.

There is a difference between criticizing elements of the game (the D-line, the offensive play calling, defensive scheme, etc.) and calling for wholesale changes, the coaches head "Bo needs to go", etc. I have been one of the first to criticize our defense this year for specific reasons but I believe it is crossing the line when people come out and call for the coach to be fired with a 7-2 record especially given our recent history with coaching changes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it sure does not look good when you see the threads explode with some of these ludicrous wishes and claims. I don't even want to start in on who is a "good" fan or who is a "fairweather" fan but, for me, a great number of the posts in the last few days have simply been revolting. It embarrasses me to think I may be lumped in with some of these other Husker "fans". I know I have the choice to come on these boards and read the comments or not to. Too many more meltdown weekends like this past one and I guess I'll just have to get my Husker football fix in another fashion. Can we start a petition to remove those "Greatest fans" signs on Memorial Stadium? Because it just simply is not even close to being the case anymore.

Maybe Badgerfan had the best tongue in cheek suggestion; "burn down Memorial Stadium" because it seems to be the main source of a lot of these peoples problems. When a fan from another team notices how irrational some of the posters have become, it sure does no good for our reputation as fans. It's pretty bad when you can begin to make rational comparisons between some Husker fans and some Buff fans. Makes me ill.

• Fire 1

for some reason I don't feel nearly as bad about this game (a game we should have won) as I did after the Wisonsin game (a game I didn't expect us to win).

there were a lot of things wrong w/ the Northwestern game - and we had some mistakes...but that's football. I don't feel like we imploded, we started out slow and just got beat. I can live w/ that. I am happy to be getting away from Lincoln for a couple weeks though. We seem to play more inspired football on the road, as a struggling football team than the favored one.

Similarly, one could argue you're doing the same thing by insinuating you're better than both. ;)

I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't see it as arrogant but more or less trying to get people to think more logically.

for some reason I don't feel nearly as bad about this game (a game we should have won) as I did after the Wisonsin game (a game I didn't expect us to win).

there were a lot of things wrong w/ the Northwestern game - and we had some mistakes...but that's football. I don't feel like we imploded, we started out slow and just got beat. I can live w/ that. I am happy to be getting away from Lincoln for a couple weeks though. We seem to play more inspired football on the road, as a struggling football team than the favored one.

I'm in the same boat.

I finished watching the game and said to myself that I'm not that disappointed, especially since we were relatively close to winning it.

Stuff happens. We have to remember that we all love this team and we already only have three games left. I'd rather spend that time enjoying it than arguing with people. Because before we know it, the off-season will be here again.

Dearest Fairweather Fans,

I have been a long time reader of this board, I seldom post. I come here for many reasons, most of which is because of the great information and discussion that takes place on the board. This board is an escape, a chance to fall into husker heaven and take in all the great things about this amazing team that has led me to many moments of jubilation, triumph, and pride. However, as with all things in life, there have been moments of disappointment as well. That's life.

This posting however will not be about the team. It is about and directly issued at YOU, the "fan" calling for Bo to be replaced, it is to you, the "fan" calling for the removal of the blackshirts, it is to you the "fan" who calls out individual players like you would do a better job while wiping the potato chip grease off your fingers across the red over worn '95 championship shirt that goes only fits so far to cover the top half of your belly button, while you recline in your lazy boy. It is to you, the "fan" who after a win will come to gloat and bask in all it's glory, proclaiming that "We are back" only to the next week after a loss, come in here to blast the team and every single component of it. This letter is to you!

If you are one of those who cannot handle criticism and are thus going to quit reading this before getting to the point, I will state the jist of it now. You are an embarrassment and a disgrace to the entire fan base. If you were a fan of Texas, Michigan, Iowa or any other team and posting on their board, we would have a thread here on huskerboard pointing out your moronic spewing of trollish comments directed at your own team. You, your team, and your fan base would be mocked for over-reacting and your supreme ability to show your idiocy. And the most ironic part is; you would most likely be the one to start the thread.

The game this weekend was one we should have won; it was a disappointment to be sure. We had set ourselves up well to finish with a chance at a conference championship and a high BCS bowl, the season was looking "Rosey". However, this game in every single way was set up to be a trap game, and we all knew it. An emotional hard fought win the previous week, a big game the following week; and an under-performing yet solid team to face this week. They were over-looked and we got caught. This isn't the first time it has happened it happens every week to good teams, excellent teams, and exceptional teams. Even '97 NU damn near got caught at Mizzou. To call for a coaches head or anything of that matter following a loss of such a nature during what is an otherwise very decent season "so far" is asinine and an over-reaction in the extreme.

Trolls should not be wearing red and white and posting on a Nebraska message board as a fan. We Nebraska fans are better than what this board has shown over the weekend. Hold yourself to that standard or find a team with a lower standard.

You calling out "Fairweather Fans" totally invalidates that long spiel...what a waste of time! I dont care what kind of fan anyone is, they all have a right to call out anyone to a certain extent.