We Should Put a Blue "N" on our Helmet Saturday . . .

In a show of support to Penn State players and the entire State College community, I think it would be cool if we replaced the red N on our helmets with a blue N this week. There is a lot of pain that there team and community is going through.

I don't necessarily agree with this. A very discreet show of support would be more than adequate. Doing anything to draw that much attention can be taken the wrong way. Right or wrong; to me part of the problem is lumping these tragic events together with this game. It is purely coincidental that NU is playing PSU during this tumultuous time. PSU needs to heal granted. Support the victims first and foremost. Attempt to understand and be empathetic to those struggling to comprehend how people they trusted could have allowed this to happen. It is a sad state of affairs all the way around no doubt. Lets not feed the media circus this has turned into. They will not postpone or cancel this game so our team has to play and move on. Pray for the victims and do whatever they can if so inclined; I just don't think this game should be used by NU as a way to make a statement about the events surrounding it.

Just to add.

College football, specifically Penn State, is walking on egg shells right. How about they show up the same way they always would. Play hard, with respect and honor....then leave. There is far too much going on for us to get involved in anyway whatsoever.

also, if we did anything it could come out as cheap and disingenuous. as if we were making it about us and how upstanding we are. i agree with a lot of the sentiments, this is getting enough attention and it is the type of tragedy that requires tact, taste, and circumspect.

This. Leave it alone. A blue N a blue ribbon could be misread by many. Play the game. No mention of what happened. Leave the field, move on.

... We just want to help in some way.

Excellent! Find an organization that has something to do with kids and volunteer.

I do that already. But I found out that the PSU folks are asking for funds if you want to support the victims of this tragedy. (I posted it under another thread.) Think I'll send them a check...Join me?

First of all, I'm not trying to be an ass. But why do people always want to raise money for victims of a crime. I could see if they had lost their house, car or any other personal things due to a crime and were not able to get things replaced. This is a very horrible thing that has happened and I feel for the victims, but I do not see what money will do for them. Is it for legal council? I am just wanting to know.

Good questions :) Many charitable organizations spend their money to raise awareness, educate the community, provide funds for research, and part of the money is spent on fund raising so that they can keep their organization going. My daughter worked for a non-profit in Colorado called 'Invest in Kids'. Their organization provided well baby care for mothers who lived below the poverty line and provided funds for a program called 'Parents as Teachers'.

I suspect that the non-profits that have as their mission to stop child abuse spend money on programs to educate young parents (parenting classes), provide funds for medical care/psychiatric care for those individuals who cannot afford these services on their own, protection from the abuser. Some of these folks have to move out of their homes and go to 'safe houses' so that they will be safe from those who abuse them. Things like this. I suspect that attorney fees in a lot of places are waved. Good questions. :)

Horrible idea. What about all the victims of Sandusky. This institution has been caught in a massive conspiracy to obstruct justice and cover up heinous crimes. Most of their student body and fans have so far shown little concern for the victims. Just go up there and beat them bad and get out of there.

• Fire 1

Why blue? Blue is the color of Penn State, whose highest officials helped cover up the scandal for over a decade. Blue is probably the last color the victims and their families want to see.

Blue is the official color for Child Abuse Prevention Awareness and Crime Victims Rights Awareness. The same way Pink is for Breast Cancer Awareness, Purple is for Cancer Survivors Awareness etc.

... We just want to help in some way.

Excellent! Find an organization that has something to do with kids and volunteer.

I do that already. But I found out that the PSU folks are asking for funds if you want to support the victims of this tragedy. (I posted it under another thread.) Think I'll send them a check...Join me?

First of all, I'm not trying to be an ass. But why do people always want to raise money for victims of a crime. I could see if they had lost their house, car or any other personal things due to a crime and were not able to get things replaced. This is a very horrible thing that has happened and I feel for the victims, but I do not see what money will do for them. Is it for legal council? I am just wanting to know.

Good questions :) Many charitable organizations spend their money to raise awareness, educate the community, provide funds for research, and part of the money is spent on fund raising so that they can keep their organization going. My daughter worked for a non-profit in Colorado called 'Invest in Kids'. Their organization provided well baby care for mothers who lived below the poverty line and provided funds for a program called 'Parents as Teachers'.

I suspect that the non-profits that have as their mission to stop child abuse spend money on programs to educate young parents (parenting classes), provide funds for medical care/psychiatric care for those individuals who cannot afford these services on their own, protection from the abuser. Some of these folks have to move out of their homes and go to 'safe houses' so that they will be safe from those who abuse them. Things like this. I suspect that attorney fees in a lot of places are waved. Good questions. :)

thank you very much. i do donate to charities and have seen what the money is used for. i just have never understood what the reasoning might be behind these circumstances. agaim thank you

IMO the less we draw attention to all this the better. Just get in, get a win and get out.

By drawing attention to it on our end it just is asking for fans to act out against us.

That's my strategy with the ladies, too.

OMG that is funny.

As far as a Blue N, ribbons, etc. I would say ribbons at the most. Would rather the Husker fans make the choice of wearing the ribbons and leave the Husker uniforms alone. If they want to wear a new black jersey I would be for that. Maybe not this game.

But I found out that the PSU folks are asking for funds if you want to support the victims of this tragedy. (I posted it under another thread.) Think I'll send them a check...Join me?

Which "PSU folks" need money for what and who or what will benefit? Any left over tithing money or windfalls I have usually go to the homeless shelter here in town. I know that money is put to good use.

We Should Put a Blue "N" on our Helmet Saturday . . .

In a show of support to Penn State players and the entire State College community, I think it would be cool if we replaced the red N on our helmets with a blue N this week. There is a lot of pain that there team and community is going through.

How about we stick with the standard red N.