Keystone Pipeline

The Tea Party freshmen want a smaller Government

That's the platform. The takeaway from their actions is they want "Not what the Democrats want." And that's no way to run a successful government.

If what the Democrats want is bigger Government (and it usually is), you are right. As for running a successful Government, I'd try to find out who controls the Presidency and the Senate...oh, and the House for the first two years of President Obama's term. The Senate has not passed a budget since when? Early 2008? You would think it would be hard to run a Government without a budget, but you'd be wrong. It's easy.

This just might be the year for a third party. By the time the Republicans have the remaining 350 debates and the President's blaming Congress reaches a crescendo, maybe Ron Paul will look better and better. I can see it now...Paul and Nader. GM will ask for $500B to develop a hybrid Corvair and get it.

That's the platform. The takeaway from their actions is they want "Not what the Democrats want." And that's no way to run a successful government.

If what the Democrats want is bigger Government (and it usually is), you are right. As for running a successful Government, I'd try to find out who controls the Presidency and the Senate...oh, and the House for the first two years of President Obama's term. The Senate has not passed a budget since when? Early 2008? You would think it would be hard to run a Government without a budget, but you'd be wrong. It's easy.

This just might be the year for a third party. By the time the Republicans have the remaining 350 debates and the President's blaming Congress reaches a crescendo, maybe Ron Paul will look better and better. I can see it now...Paul and Nader. GM will ask for $500B to develop a hybrid Corvair and get it.

Uh huh. The GOP has a majority in the House, and they filibuster EVERYTHING in the Senate. (To the point where they will filibuster to prevent a debate on most topics.)

Somehow, this lack of action is not because of the GOP?

I'm no fan of Pelosi but I'll take her over the freshmen 'baggers every day of the week.

Why use a profanity to describe people?

Profanity?

baggers?

More derogatory than profane, imho. Derogation that is well earned.

Huh? When did the Tea Party endorse draping your scrotum over someone's face? Aren't you in the process of becoming an officer of the court?

Uh huh. The GOP has a majority in the House, and they filibuster EVERYTHING in the Senate. (To the point where they will filibuster to prevent a debate on most topics.)

Again who controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency for the first two years of Obama's term? And when was the last time anyone filibuster something in the Senate?

Again who controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency for the first two years of Obama's term? And when was the last time anyone filibuster something in the Senate?

You do realize how filibusters are used today right? If not, I will happily explain it to you.

During the first two years of Obama's term the government passed significant legislation. I'm sure that you are capable of searching for "Obama accomplishments" and perusing the results.

The minute some Republican launches his bill to save the economy and fix this mess I'll buy into benevolent Republican motives. Until then, the fact remains that they would rather see this country trashed for another year than do anything to assist in recovery, because that could reflect well on Obama.

Regular Americans are just collateral damage to them. And when the Democrats are in their shoes it's the same thing.

And yet all we see are mindless zombies regurgitating the nonsense either party spews forth. It's all so much derp it's crazy. And yet here we are.

Keystone XL pipeline? Anyone remember that subject? I don't know who it was speaking but I caught just the end of a segment on KFAB and the guys was saying that instead of completely starting over with the route of the pipeline, they may allow Transcanada to change the route only through Nebraska meaning this thing may still get done in a somewhat timely fashion. Good news if indeed true.

The minute some Republican launches his bill to save the economy and fix this mess I'll buy into benevolent Republican motives. Until then, the fact remains that they would rather see this country trashed for another year than do anything to assist in recovery, because that could reflect well on Obama.

Regular Americans are just collateral damage to them. And when the Democrats are in their shoes it's the same thing.

And yet all we see are mindless zombies regurgitating the nonsense either party spews forth. It's all so much derp it's crazy. And yet here we are.

Bingo.

And when was the last time anyone filibuster something in the Senate?

LOL (sincerely). Almost fell out of my seat there.

Since the filibustering of the Robert Bork nomination back in 87', use of the filibuster has steadily risen (by both parties) to the point where every single bill now requires a 60 vote cloture motion for passage in the Senate. So, on paper a majority is now 3/5ths, but an actual party majority would be more like 63-65 since quality individuals like Ben Nelson won't ever make a tough vote.

If the constitution above all else people actually wanted to latch onto an issue where we have unquestionably deviated from constitutional intent it would be the senate debate rules. But they won't, because everyone seems to like a system where it's impossible to legislate.

Pelosi needs kicking to the curb. The sooner the better. One of the worst leaders the House has ever seen. Ever.

And it appears that Boehner is up to some of the same stuff (e.g., insider trading). We have become captives of our Government representatives.

Agreed. I'm completely disillusioned and don't see anything ever changing. I'm not even sure the politicians need the U.S. economy to improve. They're paid by corporations that are global businesses now. The U.S. is a big part of that, but only a part. All they need to do is make sure their constituents hate the other side enough to keep them in office.

This is why I somewhat agree with a post made a few pages back. Or maybe that was sarcasm. But I can honestly see a single leader who isn't evil incarnate doing a far better job. They wouldn't need to worry about getting re-elected and keeping the support of drug companies or whatever other companies. They could just do what's right. Unfortunately "what's right" is an opinion and the chances of them being an evil S.O.B. are high ;)

The alternative is term limits, which will never happen.