The elephant in the room... where is Jamal Turner?

There are a number of reasons why Jamal saying he hasn't been practicing well doesn't necessarily justify him not getting playing time.

1.) He's a humble guy. Humble people often practice false humility, downplaying themselves and refuting any great claims about them - sounds like exactly something he would say, even if he was a 1,000 yard receiver.

2.) What's he supposed to say? "Yeah I don't know why I'm playing, but I feel like I could be out there and be contributing." Sure sounds like a good way to improve your chances.

With that being said, I'll admit there's a possibility that it's true, but given the consistency of players disappearing under Bo, I don't buy it at all.

Why are people upset about this? JT is a dynamic athlete, but he's only made one big play all season that I can recall. He also had several drops against Minn (maybe was MSU?). He's got a lot of promise, but he's more promise than production right now. I'd rather have Enunwa, Marlowe, and Bell out there right now.

Well, before Jamal sat out for a few games, he was the team's leading receiver.

Good point. Looking at the stats, JT had 13 catches through the Wisky game (2.6 receptions/game). He then had 0 against tOSU and 2 against Minn. And has not participated since then AFAIK. It's not like the kid was tearing it up or anything. Our receiving corps is talented, but there isn't a standout player among them.

He was our leading WR....now he is nonexistent....it just doesn't add up to me.

IIRC, leading through five games and now completely absent. Odd the coaches haven't seen this lack of practice motivation during the spring ( lit up the red white game) or during the fall or the first five games.

Now you take the other players missing in Osbone, Cooper, Mitchel etc..... It makes you wonder. Injury bug or dog house? I look at Dillard and Glenn and lean towards dog house. Regarding his comments, I really can't imagine him saying " I did such and such, the coaches are ticked now I'm getting screwed". What do y'all really expect him to say.

Not o mention the drops by several starters and the emergence of Khiry at PSU. Just odd to me.

You aren't watching practice. He's probably being outplayed by others.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

Ya, Kinnie and his great hands are putting JT to shame.

I'm not buying the practice line. There's more to this story...

Bases on what?

Of yes, of course, those irresistible "rumors".......so delicious.

Kinnie has had some horrible drops this year, that's for sure, but he's a far better blocker, and the coaches put a LOT of stock into that. Turner with his slight frame can't throw blocks like Kinnie, and I'd bet that's a huge reason he's not seeing the field.

You aren't watching practice. He's probably being outplayed by others.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

Bases on what?

Of yes, of course, those irresistible "rumors".......so delicious.

Just a hunch, based on Bo's past history and his infamous "doghouse."