So is the PS3 version improved or not? I'm looking at getting it since I remember reading about how they were making patches to improve the slowdown issues. But I don't remember for sure if things were ever really competely worked out

I think they solved the slow downs for the most part, but still no DLC, and it may never come. I didn't have much of a slow down issue when I did my initial run on PS3, every few hours I would have to exit and restart the game, even with a massive save file.

• 6 months later...

Anybody still playing this, or make their way back to it? I just started it up again a couple of weeks ago with my archer/stealth character. Spent the last couple of weeks leveling smithing, enchanting and alchemy so I could make the best possible gear without using glitches. I quit playing before the first DLC came out so I've got a lot of stuff to catch up on, including not even touching half the side quests or dungeons when I first played through.

Anybody still playing this, or make their way back to it? I just started it up again a couple of weeks ago with my archer/stealth character. Spent the last couple of weeks leveling smithing, enchanting and alchemy so I could make the best possible gear without using glitches. I quit playing before the first DLC came out so I've got a lot of stuff to catch up on, including not even touching half the side quests or dungeons when I first played through.

I have been playing it on and off since it came out. I still haven't finished it either. I have done alot of the side quests but hardly any dungeons either.

About to buy the dragonborn dlc and give it another go...kind of amazed they are done with any further content for the game. Seems like so much more could have been done with Skyrim.

Skyrim did release on 11/11/11....

If you have it on PC the content will be endless with the Mod community.

11/11/11 was only about a year and a half ago, so I was initially surprised, too. But then they started releasing a lot of info about The Elder Scrolls Online, so now I understand why they're done with Skyrim. It is a little depressing, though. I only played Oblivion and Skyrim, but Skyrim is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. That said, I still haven't finished Dawnguard, have yet to download Dragonborn DLC and I've never played as a mage type character, so I've got a lot of playing ahead of me.

• 3 years later...

Skyrim Special Edition recently came out. If you have an Xbone and either never played it or only played it on 360/PS3 then it's worth a buy. Mods on console really make the game so much better and it's really impressive how mods can upgrade a game with all of the console limitations. Here's to hoping they inrease the mod capacity on Xbone. If you only have a PS4, probably a pass.

I wasn't too impressed with the remaster on PC. Looks much worse than my old install with mods.

Yea. IMO the entire reason they did this was to bring mods for Skyrim to console players. Although I did hear the SE does have better FPS and runs better than regular Skyrim.

The remastered audio is worse than the original edition.

I wasn't too impressed with the remaster on PC. Looks much worse than my old install with mods.

Yea. IMO the entire reason they did this was to bring mods for Skyrim to console players. Although I did hear the SE does have better FPS and runs better than regular Skyrim.

They used some garbage super compressed version of the assets for remastered but they're supposed to be fixing that in the upcoming patch.

I use a mod that replaces most of the sounds so I guess I hadn't noticed.