Deer Season

Not yet, but I'm planning on going on my first deer hunt the first week in December. 31 years old and I've never been...........can't wait!

Can you use rifles in Iowa?

We have a special season at the end of deer season where we can use rifles, but it's only the two southern tier of counties, not the whole state.

I was hunting rifle in Nebraska, I go back every year for rifle season. It was so damn warm, they were not moving much. I only get a doe tag because I am not spending $250 on a buck tag. Besides, there are bigger bucks here in IA. I ended up getting a few does, and coyotes. Gotta wait for late muzzleloader season here in IA now!

I was hunting rifle in Nebraska, I go back every year for rifle season. It was so damn warm, they were not moving much. I only get a doe tag because I am not spending $250 on a buck tag. Besides, there are bigger bucks here in IA. I ended up getting a few does, and coyotes. Gotta wait for late muzzleloader season here in IA now!

:confucius

You may be confused but this is classic addition by subtraction. He actually shot at two things that looked like a deer and hit nothing but some trees and twigs.

Whenever someone says they hit some coyotes as well, you can assume they are lying.

You may be confused but this is classic addition by subtraction. He actually shot at two things that looked like a deer and hit nothing but some trees and twigs.

Whenever someone says they hit some coyotes as well, you can assume they are lying.

Maybe so. I actually usually shoot a couple coyotes during rifle season. Didn't see a single one this year though. Only a couple on the trail cameras as well.

I figured I had him pegged with the "bigger bucks in Iowa" line . . . the multiple does on one tag and "couple coyotes" just strengthens that impression.