The beginning of a beautiful friendship

Skers!

In regards to PSU I know there was some ugly 2002 blood and certain uncertainty leading into this weekends contest. With coach Brown leading by example and the showing of solidarity between the two teams yesterday before the game in the wake of such tragedy do you see this PSU/NU divisional rivalry becoming something special or just another game? To me it seems that both teams should feel a certain respect for each other after yesterday and continue that good sportsmanship into future games.

Perhaps I am too shortsighted, but I just don't see this becoming more than a big yearly game. Not a major rivalry on the national or local scene. I would of much much much preferred Wisconsin to be the protected crossover game. Obviously Wiscy/Minnesota is too big of a rivalry to make that happen.

It just seems happenstance to me. Since neither PSU or Nebraska has a long history with other B1G teams they decided to put those two together. Give it half a decade and maybe my stance will change though, who knows.

Perhaps I am too shortsighted, but I just don't see this becoming more than a big yearly game. Not a major rivalry on the national or local scene. I would of much much much preferred Wisconsin to be the protected crossover game. Obviously Wiscy/Minnesota is too big of a rivalry to make that happen.

It just seems happenstance to me. Since neither PSU or Nebraska has a long history with other B1G teams they decided to put those two together. Give it half a decade and maybe my stance will change though, who knows.

So more along the lines of say a Colorado game or Mizzou?

Maybe "friendship" was a bit hasty.....perhaps relationship would have been a better term. I just fear rivalry games bonded by respect (bitter or not) like Oklahoma are a thing of the past in the B1G for NU.

I think the best rivalry games are those where a mutual respect develops based on many years where great athletes, exciting games, battles for conference champs and national honors all enter in. In other words NU - OU. Such a rival may develop with NU in the B1G, but it must be grown over many years. Its too early to foresee if PSU will be that team.

I think the best rivalry games are those where a mutual respect develops based on many years where great athletes, exciting games, battles for conference champs and national honors all enter in. In other words NU - OU. Such a rival may develop with NU in the B1G, but it must be grown over many years. Its too early to foresee if PSU will be that team.

I dunno man, hatred works pretty well too...see OSU-UM, AU-Bama, UF-UGA and Clemson-Carolina

I suspect Penn State cynically used us to put on yet another positive PR performance

to counter the horrendously bad press this scandal has dumped on them.

Nothing more.

http://www.washingto...rn-joe-paterno/

I don't see an issue with that.

In just a few years, when this horrendous scandal starts to fade away, the PSU of 2002 will be back. They (fans) are/were minding their P's and Q's this past week. It won't be long until the "out of bounds catch" and the shared MNC will be brought up again and again.

I still truely believe that Iowa will turn out to be our rivalry, just do to the fan bases and the close proximity of the schools.

I suspect Penn State cynically used us to put on yet another positive PR performance

to counter the horrendously bad press this scandal has dumped on them.

Nothing more.

http://www.washingto...rn-joe-paterno/

Hmm, there were 110 THOUSAND people there. They cited THREE specific examples. I'll say he received heckling from less than 50 people. boo fricking hoo. Then he proceeds to admit that he knew what he was getting into. So the point of this article is __________.