*** Official Michigan Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I have to question Bo's thinking. Taylor just took 2 hard shots there and there's not chance in hell that we can win this game. If Taylor gets hurt, Bo should be FIRED immediately.

Really?

Yes Really. It would prove to everyone that he has no clue about coaching. Get your starting Qb injured in a blowout for no reason.

Come on.... Really??

Brion isn't going to win the game, he will just be another QB getting knocked around.

It's not about winning. It's about showing the starters that they will not be allowed to play if they don't perform. It's about giving other guys a chance. It's about giving experience to backups.

And playing your best players, which means TMart needs to be moved to WR in the offseason and let Carnes or Tuner have the QB position because TMart sucks. Playing TMart cost NU the CCG last year and it's stupid stuff like this that leads to this kind of criticism.

Shouldn't this raise a red flag then, that this is something that gets repeated.

I don't get it. Yes, we lose games...it happens almost every year. This would be our third loss this year. When we lose, we knock Bo for coachspeak. And when I suggest he take blame, we knock him for...losing.

It is a no-win situation for the coach obviously, but the point I'm trying to make is that Bo, if he says the right things in the presser, is doing things the right way. This is a tough game for any coach. I would say though, the biggest blame today goes on Beck for calling a largely lifeless offense, and on the effin' special teams.

I'm saying if the coach is saying he is getting outcoached every time we lose, then we have a huge coaching issue. If he was just saying it to take the heat off his players, maybe not such a big deal, but to me, there is a lot of truth to him saying he is getting outcoached.

You can't win 'em all.

I suspect you will find that we will, to borrow the term... "consistently" lose three to four games every year. Some years will be better. The others? 9 or 10 win seasons.

You'd think. But some people are ok with it as long as he owns up to his mistakes. I'm not. QUIT MAKING THEM.

It's not that simple. You can't just fire a coach with several years' in a row of winning records. You'll never get another coach that way.

Frank Solich come to mind?

No, but consistent mediocrity does.

You're calling 9- 10- 10- and no worse than 8-win seasons back-to-back-to-back-to-back "mediocre?"

You may as well get used to having horrible coaches then, because if you fire that coach, nobody will come to coach for you.

Well, Bill Callahan will come. And I think we all know how that will work out.

Yeah, if we just hold on for another 10-20 years we will be right into the thick of things again.

• Fire 1

David played well and maybe a few other guys at times. Overall we stunk on an epic level!

This season is a big disappointment. 9-3? 8-4?

It's the constant mistakes that drive me nuts.

People will say oh hey 9 wins, that's a great season, but when you look at the losses and how they occurred, it's not a good season.

• Fire 1

You have got to play the back-ups either in blow-out losses or blow-out wins. These guys need to get some reps and also like someone said, the starters need to stand on the sidelines and get some perspective when you are getting killed. I live in Phoenix, and although a different sport, the Phoenix Suns come to mind. Back in the early 90's we had a coach who would play a second squad of 5 even in crunch time to give the starters a rest but also to have quality depth. Then our coach a few years ago, only played 7-8 guys the entire game. When a starter went down or the front 5 were gassed, we were dead. No experience on court and we couldn't afford to have any of the starters out for more than a few minutes.

I don't understand a coaching staff who won't give time/experience to its players, starters and back-ups. Back in the TO days, we would have our starters out of a game by the 2nd series of the 3rd Qtr. Of course, we were good back then...

Nebraska football can be summed up in one word these last 4 seasons....mediocre.

Better then the words that could be used to describe the 4 years previous to that....

So just because we are better than we were under Billy C we are supposed to be happy?

Who said anything about being "happy?" We're better than we were under Callahan. That's all he said.

You'd think. But some people are ok with it as long as he owns up to his mistakes. I'm not. QUIT MAKING THEM.

It's not that simple. You can't just fire a coach with several years' in a row of winning records. You'll never get another coach that way.

You're calling 9- 10- 10- and no worse than 8-win seasons back-to-back-to-back-to-back "mediocre?"

You may as well get used to having horrible coaches then, because if you fire that coach, nobody will come to coach for you.

Yeah, if we just hold on for another 10-20 years we will be right into the thick of things again.

Exactly. I love how people use the TO argument for keeping Bo around. Times have changed. You don't get 20 years to prove yourself.

I have to question Bo's thinking. Taylor just took 2 hard shots there and there's not chance in hell that we can win this game. If Taylor gets hurt, Bo should be FIRED immediately.

Really?

Yes Really. It would prove to everyone that he has no clue about coaching. Get your starting Qb injured in a blowout for no reason.

Come on.... Really??

Yes really. Continue being obtuse though.

Totally get your point. And it's not OK. Bo has a LOT of explaining to do at this point. But you cannot just recycle coaches every four years and expect to have a team. Rebuilding alone will take a year or two.