The 'Players or Coaches or Both?' Thread

JTrain

Well, one of the problems I see is that we had to play 8 different teams this year than we had to last year. For the most part the upperclassmen that get the majority of play were recruited to play in the big 12 rather than the big 10, and yes they both have different styles of play so require a different style of player. We all knew, even if we didn't want to admit it that this year was going to be a transition year. 9-4 (if we beat Iowa) is not a coach firing type season. Last time we did that look what happened. We need time to adjust to new teams and new types of play.

• Fire 1

So before the bashing starts, in my opinion this is not Pelini's issue today. This is on the players not being focused and not playing fundamental football.

At the end of the day, Bo will take the blame, but I put this on the players.

Is Pelini, as head coach, not responsible for conditioning his players psychologically throughout the course of the season, in order to a) be focused and b) play fundamentally sound?

4 years and we do not have the talent to stop a mobile QB. Who is to blame for that?

Normally teams are mirror images of their coach, out of control fits it quite well.

Still do not want Bo gone, but I do want more input from Tom. Taking a coach with no head coaching history is hard, Bo is learning, but needs help. We were not prepared for this game, lack of attention, ball security, option containment (which is unbelievealbe with TMart).

Pretty much exactly what I expected this weekend.

We have to win next weekend, our recruiting is hanging on that win as I see it.

You cannot blame coaching for the fumbling mishaps that happened on special teams today.

Did the coaches decide to play a 180 lb freshman at KR? Are the coaches responsible for teaching ball security? Yes it's partly on the players on the field, but when there is inconsistent discipline throughout multiple games and seasons, you have to look at the coaches.

This was a complete collapse by players and coaches. My faith in this staff is about gone. The team is consistently undisiplined and we get out-coached on both sides of the ball in most games.

One of the things I remember most about Dr Tom was the ability of his coaching staff to adjust at halftime, especially during tough games. I just don't see that a lot this year and that makes me think your "outcoached" observation may be correct.