The 'Players or Coaches or Both?' Thread

JTrain

So let me get this straight, we already made coaching changes last year, are we all agreeing that more coaching changes need to happen this year?

I can already see the wanted ads lighting up...

Wanted: Nebraska Huskers Offensive Coordinator, QB coach, WR, coach, OL, coach, DL coach, LB, coach, Seconary coach and Special Teams coach. If you can't take us to a BCS or MNC within the first year, YOUR FIRED!

So let me get this straight, we already made coaching changes last year, are we all agreeing that more coaching changes need to happen this year?

I can already see the wanted ads lighting up...

Wanted: Nebraska Huskers Offensive Coordinator, QB coach, WR, coach, OL, coach, DL coach, LB, coach, Seconary coach and Special Teams coach. If you can't take us to a BCS or MNC within the first year, YOUR FIRED!

Hey, what's the point of a post-loss meltdown thread if you can't speculate on all of the imminent coaching changes?

So before the bashing starts, in my opinion this is not Pelini's issue today. This is on the players not being focused and not playing fundamental football.

At the end of the day, Bo will take the blame, but I put this on the players.

this is Nov........ how in the hell do we not play fundamental football by now? lots of mental errors. something basic is not being addressed in practice, it looked like 1st game of the season. i think our coaching has gone to hell.

After 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that 3-4 losses per year is as good as we're ever going to see.

This coaching staff has reached it's level of competence in terms of recruiting, player development, game planning,

and during game adjustments.

Until changes are made, either in recruiting, assistant coaching staff upgrades, basic coaching philosophy, or head coach replacement, this is

as good as it gets for Nebraska. No league championships, no BCS bowls, and no NC's. Ever.

In 1992, Dr. Tom was at a similar place and re-vamped the entire program. It took quite a few consecutive bowl losses

for him to swallow his pride and admit the need for wholesale changes. Needless to say, it worked.

Just blaming the players or the schedule is a cop out and doesn't address much less fix the long term issues. Can Pelini admit things need to improve or will he take Dr. Tom's initial approach blaming "lack of player execution" as the reason Husker linebackers can't cover future All NFL Miami WRs?

After 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that 3-4 losses per year is as good as we're ever going to see.

This coaching staff has reached it's level of competence in terms of recruiting, player development, game planning,

and during game adjustments.

Until changes are made, either in recruiting, assistant coaching staff upgrades, basic coaching philosophy, or head coach replacement, this is

as good as it gets for Nebraska. No league championships, no BCS bowls, and no NC's. Ever.

In 1992, Dr. Tom was at a similar place and re-vamped the entire program. It took quite a few consecutive bowl losses

to admit this. Needless to say, it worked.

Just blaming the players or the schedule is a cop out and doesn't fix the long term issues. Can Pelini admit things need to improve

or will he take the Dr. Tom initial approach that lack of "player execution" is the reason Husker linebackers can't cover Miami WRs?

so far he has blamed player execution.........i want to hear his presser on this game and his reasons for our complete breakdown.

Pelinis can stay... but for the love of God, please kick Barney Cotton to the curb.

We are never going to see a consistent offense again until we have people who know how to block. I'm so g'damn sick of seeing Caputo blown up back into his running back. Every single defense we play has produced numbers of significant tackles for losses... even the Chattanooga's and South Dakota State's were doing it. We've got no edge on the lines. None on the defensive side either, but at least at points in Bo's tenure, we've had some.

We have to get back to owning that line of scrimmage.

Pelinis can stay... but for the love of God, please kick Barney Cotton to the curb.

We are never going to see a consistent offense again until we have people who know how to block. I'm so g'damn sick of seeing Caputo blown up back into his running back. Every single defense we play has produced numbers of significant tackles for losses... even the Chattanooga's and South Dakota State's were doing it. We've got no edge on the lines. None on the defensive side either, but at least at points in Bo's tenure, we've had some.

Well, why do Garrison & Stai get a free pass? This Oline is clearly worse than last year for run blocking.

We had a terrific recruiting class last year and we need another.

There were some horrid blocking schemes against Michigan. I'd rather see a guy getting beat than watch guys not even block. There were many times we'd have 3 guys in the area of 1 defender and 1 guy in the area of 2 defenders.

Poor tackling.

T-Mart seems to out run the I back when running the option.

I thought T-Mart missed his hole several times.

The lines are sad.

Why don't we throw more to the tight end.

Thank Heaven we have David.Is it time for Carl to look for an HC job and let Bo be the DC much like T. O. was the OC when he was coaching.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Offense: D

Defense: doesn't not even deserve to be given a grade

Special Teams: F

Discipline: F

The defense didn't play THAT bad....Michigan was givin good field position a few times and they had so many shots at us cause our offense couldn't stay on the damn field!

Our Defense was bad. Despite the offense's ineptitude, the Defense couldn't get its self off the field. Look at Michigan's drive chart. Two of the 3 play drives were a result of the end of the half. The 1 play drive resulted in a touchdown. We only made them to punt 4 times. Couple that with the fact that Mich was 8-18 on 3rd down conversions and 1-1 on 4th down. The D couldn't make a play when it had to.

15:00 1 01:38 MICH 32 3 1 Punt 12:18 1 04:01 MICH 20 8 79 Passing Touchdown 06:23 1 04:20 MICH 45 9 30 Field Goal Good 01:17 1 02:36 MICH 20 5 31 Interception 12:12 2 06:07 MICH 21 12 74 Rushing Touchdown 03:21 2 01:30 MICH 11 3 7 Punt 01:18 2 01:18 MICH 43 3 6 End of Half 14:52 3 03:37 MICH 33 7 33 Rushing Touchdown 08:32 3 03:29 MICH 50 8 56 Rushing Touchdown 04:04 3 01:30 MICH 4 3 5 Punt 00:53 3 05:39 MICH 24 10 86 Passing Touchdown 10:07 4 01:38 MICH 22 3 -3 Field Goal Missed 07:41 4 00:08 MICH 31 1 31 Rushing Touchdown 06:26 4 02:06 MICH 34 3 -10 Punt 01:44 4 01:44 MICH 8 3 -3 End of Half

Here is the Link to the drive chart. Columns line up in the editor, but not after I post so it makes it difficult to read

http://scores.espn.g...ameid=313230130