The Bo Must Go Crowd

PaulCrewe

Urban Meyer left coaching for health related issues and to spend more time with his family. He has a relatively safe, secure job right now working for ESPN. In comparison to being a head coach, the time commitments are two vastly different things.

On the flip side, there have been reports that he talked to Arizona's AD before reportedly breaking off discussions, but other than that hasn't expressed interest in other jobs. He said he isn't interested in coaching in 2012 at this time, which means he could change his mind.

Now, jobs at tOSU and PSU are pretty damn good jobs, regardless of extenuating factors. Now that the NCAA is doing an investigation into PSU, who knows whats going to happen there. tOSU might end up being in a better position, but we still don't know for certain. If Nebraska had a coaching vacancy, they'd have a pretty good chance of snagging Meyer I would think, although I believe a job like tOSU is still better than a job at Nebraska.

This, of course, is all hindered by the fact that Nebraska does not have a coaching vacancy. And if Meyer is going to return to coaching, it will probably be long before Nebraska has a spot available, because I don't see Bo going anywhere the next couple of years.

If all that were to hold true, what are your other options? There's no guarantee that a coach at a smaller school can do well at a bigger school (Hawkins going from Boise State to Colorado), and there aren't many coaches out there I can say make me feel more comfortable than Pelini.

Well if anyone believes the rumors that are floating around on 247.com Bo will be fired for cussing out one of the top donors.

Link it or I don't believe you.

Link it and I probably still won't believe you.

I'm new, so don't know how that link it thing works, go to nebraska.247sports.com look for the thread title ready for a change? welp

Well if anyone believes the rumors that are floating around on 247.com Bo will be fired for cussing out one of the top donors.

I'm new, so don't know how that link it thing works, go to nebraska.247sports.com look for the thread title ready for a change? welp

I'm not buying message board posting. It's just as valid as posting on here.

I'm not buying message board posting. It's just as valid as posting on here.

No way. As mentioned before, who in the world would we take THAT WOULD ACTUALLY COME HERE to replace Bo. No one I can think of is a better possible option for our HC then Bo right now.

Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson, Gus Malzahn and probably Al Golden all would not come here.

We will end up with 9 wins again this year. Why was that an exceptable win total for TO but not BO??? UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!

Part of it is because we used to play a 12 game season.

Our regular season is 12 games...

9+3=12

or

8+4=12

Yes. That we can agree on. However, for most (all?) of Osborne's years we played 12 games total. 11 regular season and 1 bowl game. Now we play up to 14 games in a season.

Now, hypothetically speaking, is it easier to win 9 out of 12 or 9 out of 14?

(Also, I'm not calling for Bo's head. I'm just saying this isn't an apples to apples comparison.)

I would say it's somewhat apples to apples, if for the simple fact that there is a lot more parity in college football today than when Osborne coached. Used to be a big deal that all of our LB's, the Peter brothers and Wistrom could run sub 4.5 forties. We see that in probably 40 of the 120 teams today, if not more. Is it an excuse to be uncompetitive and only look for 9 wins every year? No, but I think anything below 9 is unacceptable and 10 or more is a good year, maybe great.