In the original 'Smart Bomb' thread the writer said that Bo had permission to talk to Old Miss. Bo's name isn't even mentioned as a candidate. What they would like is for Peyton Manning to coach there should his neck injury keep him from returning to Professional Ball (Archie, Peyton's dad, is on the Search Committee at Old Miss) Here is what they are saying:

http://blog.gulflive...hould_be_a.html

Carl's name isn't mentioned for FAU either. Here are the coaches they are talking about.

http://www.sun-senti...,0,826583.story

Candidates who Angelos has had contact with include former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, North Alabama coach Terry Bowden, former Clemson coach Tommy Bowden, Florida State assistant Eddie Gran and Florida State assistant and former North Carolina State head coach Chuck Amato.

Sorry to say this but I think there is little or no credibility in the information that has been shared with regards to 'Smart Bomb'. It's just a bunch of 'heresay' from someone who may or may not be right. I'm sure there are people on this board who know lots as to what's going on inside with regards to the Huskers, however, I'm not going to believe anything until it's been confirmed by a credible source.

Update: Here is what our friend from FAU was talking about. However, there is more buzz for Leach and Levitt:

xx.gif

Re: Running Thread: FAU Coaching Search update....

« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »

New candidate alert!

Saw this on twitter. It was first reported by owlsaccess.com:

HuskerInsanity Erik Burkhart

Carl Pelini a candidate for the Florida Atlantic head coaching job? http://tinyurl.com/7jby4sq #Huskers

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Carl Pelini is obviously Bo's brother. He's the DC at Nebraska since 2008. His D was #1 in the nation in 2009 and #11 in 2010. They have slipped this season though. He's got no HC experience outside of the high school level and no ties to Florida. I know his brother is a good coach, but I know basically nothing about Carl. Personally, I'd go with a more offensive-minded coach, but he seems like another solid candidate to add to the list. Thoughts?

I also heard FAU job, but I also heard he is the leading candidate for Louisiana-Lafayette. Bo will have some big choices to make very soon.

Smart Bomb.

Didn't ULL just hire a new coach last year? An assistant from OSU I believe?

ULL hired Mark Hudspeth from Miss State, where he was an assistant. In one year, he has turned the cajuns around and are headed to the New Orleans bowl for the bowl game in many, many years. The rumor down here is that he is interviewing for more prestiegious HC jobs

Stoops does have history with Pelini, it might not be that far fetched.

That's what I was thinking. They were all together at OU and look what they did there. I think it would be pretty cool although, I don't know if Mike would consider that a 'step down' to take a DC position over a HC position but a guy's gotta eat and support his family so his loss could be a huge gain for us.

Although, this is all speculation because today Carl Pelini is still here :)

Mike Stoops would be a good hire, if Carl decides to leave. As far as him not staying long, or looking at the DC job as a step down, he needs to build back his reputation as a good DC, before he starts thinking of any head coaching jobs. His work here in Tucson, did not go that well, even with 3 bowl appearances, which they were blown out in two. A 41-50 record in almost 8 yrs. His personal problems, and his rants on the field, that he would not tone down, even when he was warned, and dropping ten straight to Div-1 teams, is what did him in here. If it comes to that, I would hope not having to face his brother and getting to go back to his roots in the B1G area, would be a good reason he might consider the job. I hope Carl stays myself, but a head coaching job would be a good reason for him to leave,

GBR!!!