Is there a spot on our staff for Turner?

HSKR

I'm sorry but Gill WAS great at buffalo. I mean how many games had they won prior to his arrival? They started FBS/Div1 in 99. They went 10-69 before Turner!

2-10

5-7

8-6 (Mac champs)

5-7 (qb graduated and lost key RB at the beginning of the season)

Total: 20-30....He won twice as many games in 4 years (took 7 to win 10 before him)

By Buffalo standards that is Great.

I'm wondering if his issues in Kansas are more chemistry than talent. I have a hard time believing that talent is THAT bad. He didn't take his Buffalo staff. I don't know but I hear a lot of local talk about the players packing it in and that wasn't happening in year 2 at Buffalo.

I understand him going to KU with his daughter there and such but what a bad gig. Following their best coach ever and the mess he left behind coupled with the Big12's brutal round robin schedule and the fact that KU is a basketball school first was just a recipe for disaster.

I don't think it'll happen, but any fan is crazy not to hope that Gill could come back and coach QBs. Have people forgotten just how great our QB play was when Gill was coaching them? Now we'd have Turner Gill coaching Taylor Martinez and Brion Carnes? Yes, please.

I thought the same thing! However, Turner is too good of a talent to just be an assistant. If he gets fired at KU, then he'll get a head coaching position somewhere else. I love the idea of him being AD here in the future. That would be amazing.

He's been there for 2 years, they need to chill the f#*k out.

They're Kansas, not some big name program.

I think that is the best thing Turner has going for him for getting another year, it's Kansas. Kind of like Nebraska and basketball.

They don't realize what they really are down there, Mangino really spoiled them with his brief stint. I've got an uncle at KU and the way he makes it sound Turner wil be lucky if they even consider him for another year. Seem like there is a lot of hostility towards him and he just rubs folks the wrong way there.

So is Turner, Kansas's Callahan?

He's been there for 2 years, they need to chill the f#*k out.

They're Kansas, not some big name program.

I think that is the best thing Turner has going for him for getting another year, it's Kansas. Kind of like Nebraska and basketball.

They don't realize what they really are down there, Mangino really spoiled them with his brief stint. I've got an uncle at KU and the way he makes it sound Turner wil be lucky if they even consider him for another year. Seem like there is a lot of hostility towards him and he just rubs folks the wrong way there.

So is Turner, Kansas's Callahan?

Absolutely Not! Callahan's refusal to fire Cosgrove and his inability to recognize our culture is what got him fired. Callahan was another example of a Pro football coach who should never have been a college coach.

Simply answer....no! Where would he coach? The only position I see available is Volunteer Assistant----the money is way to much (he's getting over a million at KU currently, and his whole contract is guarnteed.

On to KU: They need to understand what they are. They are KU! They should go 6-6, be bowl eligible and make a splash every 10 years or so (8-9 wins). Look at a typical schedule of 2-3 cupcake games plus games with TT, Baylor, KSU, and Iowa State. I don't get the talent issue. They should be able to bring kids in.

Above all, I believe it is a cultural issue. Turner came in and made all those rules....women, cell phones, etc. are great when you win (winning solves all issues---kinda), but if you keep losing it kinda rubs people the wrong way.

Mangino was the biggest smoke-and-mirrors coach in the last 30 years. He had one good year, 12-1. In that year, he didn't have to play Oklahoma, Texas, or in the conference championship game. In addition, we totally sucked that year, so they essentially played a Boise State schedule to get to 12-1

12-1 >>>>>>>>>> 2-10

When Turner got to KU the kitchen was completely bare. All those guys like Reesing,Meier, Briscoe,and Sharp were gone. KU needs to realize there spot on the totem pole and give Turner atleast 2 more years to turn this thing around. I will agree the Big12 is lot harder to win in now that it was the when it had divisons.

and No Turner will not comeback to Nebraska in either a head coach or position/coordinator capacity that shipped has sailed long ago.

Turner Gill is my fav Husker of all time. His legacy is fixed in Neb, he has no unfinished bussines left in Neb. No, he should not be brought back, for a coaching spot. He still has a career to finish, if not with Kansas, then with some other team. I wished him the best when he took that job, and thought it would take him a few years to get them on the winning side of the ledger. I hope they give him time.

GBR!!!

I don't think it'll happen, but any fan is crazy not to hope that Gill could come back and coach QBs. Have people forgotten just how great our QB play was when Gill was coaching them? Now we'd have Turner Gill coaching Taylor Martinez and Brion Carnes? Yes, please.

This. Same thing I was going to post. Just not sure if he'd a) want to come back b) want to take the demotion. On the other hand, he'd be working for one of his groomsmen and have quite a bit less pressure. And lets be honest, it wouldn't take much on the quarterback front to impress us right now.

As much as I love Turner and his contributions to Nebraska....... a simple NO to the answer... Been there, done that.....left....

** unless Bo leaves and a HC search happens and TO decides to take a chance.....no way does he come back to Nebraska for a "position" coach.

So you're willing to take a chance on him as a head coach but not a position coach? He'd be more willing to stay here than another position coach would be....

Where did you get "that" from my post ? Maybe I should have been more clear....... What I am saying is that Turner will NOT accept another "position" coaching job at Nebraska...he has done that before and left. He has been a HC for two programs now, and will not want that HUGE demotion to coach a "position"...yes, even at Nebraska......a place he loves, but also spurned him..

I am saying the only way GILL considers ever coming back to Nebraska is if he was to be offered the HC job...

No where did I say that " I " would rather take a chance on him as a HC......