Chaos on the bases

Turn2

Except for a bowl game, football is over. Except for the post season, Volleyball is almost over. I am not a big basketball fan, therefore wanted to start some baseball news.

Last week Nebraska baseball ended there fall workouts with strength and conditioning test. Based on results, this team will be most athletic team in many years....since 2005. These test were done without Khiry, which he would only improve these numbers:

10 yard dash- 4 players beat the all time baseball record of 1.5 seconds

Pro agility, aka 5-10-5- 1 player beat all time record of 3.85 and 3 players were sub 4.0 seconds

60 yard dash- 8 players were sub 6.7 seconds

Assuming our hitting is as good or better, Coach Erstad has the players to create "chaos on the base paths". I can't wait for baseball season!

Except for a bowl game, football is over. Except for the post season, Volleyball is almost over. I am not a big basketball fan, therefore wanted to start some baseball news.

Last week Nebraska baseball ended there fall workouts with strength and conditioning test. Based on results, this team will be most athletic team in many years....since 2005. These test were done without Khiry, which he would only improve these numbers:

10 yard dash- 4 players beat the all time baseball record of 1.5 seconds

Pro agility, aka 5-10-5- 1 player beat all time record of 3.85 and 3 players were sub 4.0 seconds

60 yard dash- 8 players were sub 6.7 seconds

Assuming our hitting is as good or better, Coach Erstad has the players to create "chaos on the base paths". I can't wait for baseball season!

Good info........................and Erstad and Bolt WILL have them playing full bore...........................I see baseball becoming our Second B!G champion in this inaugural year.....................

I am anxious to see if Justin Black can break into the outfield rotation. This kid fits Erstad's style to a T and potentially can be a fan favorite very easily. He's the one guy I am awaiting to see on the field.

You do realize that Justin Black is a senior in high school this year and won't be on the Nebraska roster this spring?

I am anxious to see if Justin Black can break into the outfield rotation. This kid fits Erstad's style to a T and potentially can be a fan favorite very easily. He's the one guy I am awaiting to see on the field.

You do realize that Justin Black is a senior in high school this year and won't be on the Nebraska roster this spring?

Yes, but why not get excited about the kid. Yes, he has the draft ahead of him this summer, but lookiing at DE first recruiting class this is the headliner. Also the only HS senior. You want to see 'chaos on the bases' as a fan and this may be the model for that philosophy, right? That is why I am stoked about this kid.

Yes, but why not get excited about the kid. Yes, he has the draft ahead of him this summer, but lookiing at DE first recruiting class this is the headliner. Also the only HS senior. You want to see 'chaos on the bases' as a fan and this may be the model for that philosophy, right? That is why I am stoked about this kid.

My thread is about 2012 not 2013. Understand your excitement for the kid, but maybe you could start a different thread about 2013 incoming players...just saying.

Well ya wanted someone to talk baseball with you. Beggers can't be choosers.

Alright, tell me about Justin Black? Have you seen him play?

So is this the route you are going to go? I bring him up as a potentially huge get for the program when you wanted to talk Husker baseball, which is not going to be talked on here for another 4 months and you want to get all butt hurt about?!?

I have seen and agree with your thoughts/posts during the season, but what would you really expect. There won't be a lot of deep conversation about DE's crew at this point of the year. Hell there really isn't that much during the season, and it will probably be even less due to the fact that Anderson is gone, and half the people that came to baseball threads only did so to bitch about him. The baseball team is like the basketball team for the most part, when they start having some late season success the posters come out of the woodworks to the threads.

I am sorry I offended you by "derailing" your thread maybe in March you can have someone to fill your baseball talk that meets your criteria for conversation.

Well ya wanted someone to talk baseball with you. Beggers can't be choosers.

Alright, tell me about Justin Black? Have you seen him play?

So is this the route you are going to go? I bring him up as a potentially huge get for the program when you wanted to talk Husker baseball, which is not going to be talked on here for another 4 months and you want to get all butt hurt about?!?

I have seen and agree with your thoughts/posts during the season, but what would you really expect. There won't be a lot of deep conversation about DE's crew at this point of the year. Hell there really isn't that much during the season, and it will probably be even less due to the fact that Anderson is gone, and half the people that came to baseball threads only did so to bitch about him. The baseball team is like the basketball team for the most part, when they start having some late season success the posters come out of the woodworks to the threads.

I am sorry I offended you by "derailing" your thread maybe in March you can have someone to fill your baseball talk that meets your criteria for conversation.

Amazing thing about the written word, it can be misinterpreted. I looked up Justin Black and found little to nothing that isn't already on the Nebraska website. Thought maybe you saw him play in Omaha last summer...I didn't, I don't live in Nebraska.

I'm interested to see what happens with the pitching rotation. I've heard talk of a couple guys cracking the rotation that really surprised me, including a kid that transferred from a small college here in Nebraska. He was pretty good there, but the fact that he could be in the rotation almost worries me a bit. Very excited to see what kind of work they can do with these guys.

I'm interested to see what happens with the pitching rotation. I've heard talk of a couple guys cracking the rotation that really surprised me, including a kid that transferred from a small college here in Nebraska. He was pretty good there, but the fact that he could be in the rotation almost worries me a bit. Very excited to see what kind of work they can do with these guys.

Pitching will be the key to the season. Have no idea what the rotation will be, but we have a options, which creates competition. Silva has had a very good track record at his previous schools.

Pierce

Keller

Huber

Spitsnogle

Neiderklien

Lemke

King

I believe our closer will come from the group above that doesn't make the weekend starting rotation.

Pitching will be the key to the season. Have no idea what the rotation will be, but we have a options, which creates competition. Silva has had a very good track record at his previous schools.

Pierce

Keller

Huber

Spitsnogle

Neiderklien

Lemke

King

I believe our closer will come from the group above that doesn't make the weekend starting rotation.

Spitsnogle is the one that baffles me a bit. I know he was pretty good at Doane, but when I heard he was going to be a starter (yes I heard it spoken that definitively from an immediate family member), I just don't know. I'll trust Silva with his history, but color me a bit skeptical.