Turner Gill to Nebraska?

JGS30

I doubt he would come back to be a position coach... If anything it would be some sort of AD position.

Not Necessarily. Turner is a coach, from what I understand that's what he wants to do first and foremost. I'd be willing to bet they'd always find a place for him in the AD though, if he wanted. Rumor is he has been in contact about coming back to Lincoln, although it could just be wishful thinking.

If Turner does come back to NU we'll probably only pay him $1 per year. At least until all that KU buyout money is depleted.

No buyouts work that way, or nobody would sign those contracts.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I'm more curious to see if what I heard about Phil Fulmer going to Kansas is true, rather than whatever happens to Gill. First Mangino, now Fulmer...is there some surplus of wicked cheap buffets in Lawrence or something?

fat-phil.jpg

Wouldn't know about the buffets, but it seems like they have A LOT of really good restaurants and sports bars with quality food.

Well one of the guys in this pick just got the kansas HC job, but it's the one in the back looking like he just spotted an open box of doughnuts.

My uncle lives in Lawrence and honestly every time we go down there I think we eat at a new place and we haven't had a bad meal yet, I could see how that would be attractive to a few um... well rounded coaches.

There are so many small town eateries through out both Nebraska and Kansas. Head into a small town, find a dinner. Eat the cheapest and best meal you've had in awhile. Man you fan find some good food in those small town dinners, just get off the interstate. Some of the best steak I've ever had was driving down to Oklahoma stopping in Concordia.

Yeesh - surely he can do better than Whackjob-U. Good philosophical fit for him, though.

Yes.... cuz Southern Baptists are SOOOOOOOOOO crazy. :hmmph I'm hardly a church going dude, but Liberty University's Southern Baptist beliefs are shared by about 30 million Americans. Its a bit ignorant to call Liberty, "Whack Job U."

Yeesh - surely he can do better than Whackjob-U. Good philosophical fit for him, though.

Yes.... cuz Southern Baptists are SOOOOOOOOOO crazy. :hmmph I'm hardly a church going dude, but Liberty University's Southern Baptist beliefs are shared by about 30 million Americans. Its a bit ignorant to call Liberty, "Whack Job U."

Our country (and Baptist roots) was established by "religious whack jobs", FWIW. Quakers, Puritans, and (later) Lutherans, among others, were "whack jobs" in the eyes of the "whack job" European religious establishment.

OTOH, even the "whack job" Puritans weren't as big as teetotalers as the "whack job" Baptists. Just sayin'.

"whack job"