CB Raymond Ford

CU Sucks

I think we'll get Ford.

I'm hearing he is ours.

I have heard this as well.

My concern with Ford is size. Needs to get here and buy into the weight program. Cant have Joshua Mitchell 2.0.

I've heard that Josh Mitchell's issue has more to do with his attitude. He lacks discipline when it matters. His lack of size has little to do with his ability to play. He could be the next Barron Miles if he'd just "buy in" and ball out for the team. Miles was all of 5'9" 165lbs. when he played at Nebraska, but he was also a big difference maker and the record books show it.

I think we'll get Ford.

I'm hearing he is ours.

My concern with Ford is size. Needs to get here and buy into the weight program. Cant have Joshua Mitchell 2.0.

I've heard that Josh Mitchell's issue has more to do with his attitude. He lacks discipline when it matters. His lack of size has little to do with his ability to play. He could be the next Barron Miles if he'd just "buy in" and ball out for the team. Miles was all of 5'9" 165lbs. when he played at Nebraska, but he was also a big difference maker and the record books show it.

Josh struggled adding weight, and he even said so. However like Nexus said academics and attitude played a larger role of his disappearance.

I think we'll get Ford.

I'm hearing he is ours.

Josh struggled adding weight, and he even said so. However like Nexus said academics and attitude played a larger role of his disappearance.

Yeah, he's admitted frustration with his weight via Twitter. However academics had nothing to do with it either, which is why his situation is a conundrum of sorts. We all know kids who "ball out" on the field, court, etc. Yet they're underachievers in the classroom. Mitchell's conundrum is the opposite. The kid was Academic All B1G this year, so he's excelling in the classroom. He's just not doing the same on the field.

Yeah, he's admitted frustration with his weight via Twitter. However academics had nothing to do with it either, which is why his situation is a conundrum of sorts. We all know kids who "ball out" on the field, court, etc. Yet they're underacheivers in the classroom. Mitchell's conundrum is the opposite. The kid was Academic All B1G this year, so he's excelling in the classroom. He's just not doing the same on the field.

You're probably right Nexus, but I swear I remember an interview with Josh and he was saying he was missing a class here and there, maybe it was film sessions, I can't remember.

Wasn;t Josh one of the kids that got busted for drinking with Middleton and Tobi O before their freshman year??? Think it was, and it was shocking at the time, because a lot of people were saying Mitchel was one of the top three CBs on Bo and Marvin's board.

Yeah, he's admitted frustration with his weight via Twitter. However academics had nothing to do with it either, which is why his situation is a conundrum of sorts. We all know kids who "ball out" on the field, court, etc. Yet they're underacheivers in the classroom. Mitchell's conundrum is the opposite. The kid was Academic All B1G this year, so he's excelling in the classroom. He's just not doing the same on the field.

You're probably right Nexus, but I swear I remember an interview with Josh and he was saying he was missing a class here and there, maybe it was film sessions, I can't remember.

Wasn;t Josh one of the kids that got busted for drinking with Middleton and Tobi O before their freshman year??? Think it was, and it was shocking at the time, because a lot of people were saying Mitchel was one of the top three CBs on Bo and Marvin's board.

Yes. Upon his arrival he was immediately introduced to the doghouse. Which has been part of his problem since he's been here. He has the skills to play but his attitude to do anything about it is what frustrates the staff. He has the ability and shows flashes of it sometimes, but he checks out too often. In other words, he doesn't fully buy in 100% of the time. Hence his lack of discipline on the field.

Yes. Upon his arrival he was immediately introduced to the doghouse. Which has been part of his problem since he's been here. He has the skills to play but his attitude to do anything about it is what frustrates the staff. He has the ability and shows flashes of it sometimes, but he checks out too often. In other words, he doesn't fully buy in 100% of the time. Hence his lack of discipline on the field.

From what I saw from Mitchell in the game that he played (can't remember which one) I thought he did a good job. Yeah, he's undersized, but he looks similar in stature to Fonzo minus about 30 lbs of muscle. Hopefully he can figure things out and help out the team. I would love to see him find a home as the dime back

Look for Raymond to commit in the next few weeks

Apparently he doesn't have an offer from us now, and is basically waiting for one. We took the offer off the table after he committed to UCLA

If that's true, then it must mean that we are still in on Beaver and hoping to get a commit from him. Or maybe Leggett? I would think we would take all 3 if they all wanted in...

Apparently he doesn't have an offer from us now, and is basically waiting for one. We took the offer off the table after he committed to UCLA

If that's true, then it must mean that we are still in on Beaver and hoping to get a commit from him. Or maybe Leggett? I would think we would take all 3 if they all wanted in...

I feel it has a lot to do with the latter, IMO. I hope we get Leggett in the worse way, and I think things are contingent in terms of his decision in relation to Ford, JMO.

That's an interesting development. That would explain why he says he's made a silent decision. You can't make a commitment to a school that hasn't offered you. Sounds like he's ours if we want him.