corncraze

Player: Torshiro Davis

Hometown: Shreveport, LA

School: Woodlawn HS

Position: LB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 222

40 time: 4.56

Scholarships: Nebraska, LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas

Soft LSU Commit

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

via 247

Nebraska to bring in LSU commit

7_168370.jpg

Nebraska looks to take a shot at "soft" commit Torshiro Davis this weekend. Which coach convinced him to give Nebraska a look? More

Coach Raymond in effect, but he is an OLB.

Good catch. I used VV's template to make this and forgot to make that change haha

After I posted, I seen that his header listed OLB. Definitely wasn't trying to be a snob. Anyways, from what I heard he visited Texas last week and they tried to get him to commit on the spot and they wanted him as a rush end, he really wants to play LB.

Coach Raymond in effect, but he is an OLB.

Good catch. I used VV's template to make this and forgot to make that change haha

After I posted, I seen that his header listed OLB. Definitely wasn't trying to be a snob. Anyways, from what I heard he visited Texas last week and they tried to get him to commit on the spot and they wanted him as a rush end, he really wants to play LB.

That's okay. He can come play LB for us chuckleshuffle

He must have a bad taste in his mouth right now. You are committed to a school that is playing for the title and will have one of the best classes to boot but you are looking around, oh, and its your home state school? Seems odd to me, not odd in a bad way just different.

It is interesting for sure. Wonder if he is miffed at the Mad Hatter and Co.

He must have a bad taste in his mouth right now. You are committed to a school that is playing for the title and will have one of the best classes to boot but you are looking around, oh, and its your home state school? Seems odd to me, not odd in a bad way just different.

Probably feeling a little less love after they went after another LB..........................which begs the question..........IF that is his reason (and we don't KNOW that it is)..................do we really want someone afraid of some competition??

I have wanted this kid from day one, since I watched his film. I never wouldve imagined he would give us a serious look though. Unreal job by Raymond to get this kid to visit Nebraska. I'm starting to like the CR hire more and more with each day.

Probably feeling a little less love after they went after another LB..........................which begs the question..........IF that is his reason (and we don't KNOW that it is)..................do we really want someone afraid of some competition??

jump+to+conclusions+mat.jpg

Don't think that is the case with Toshiro. There was talk that LSU wants to eventually want to move him to DE. Needless to say, if he were to sign on with us, he would be one of the most talented backers upon setting foot on campus.

I have wanted this kid from day one, since I watched his film. I never wouldve imagined he would give us a serious look though. Unreal job by Raymond to get this kid to visit Nebraska. I'm starting to like the CR hire more and more with each day.

I too thought this and I'm reluctant to change that stance. He very well could be wavering on his commitment but there is also the strong possibility that he is just trying to enjoy the recruiting process by seeing other schools. I don't believe LSU pulls offers if kids take late visits.

He could very well have genuine interest but I will try and not get too excited until there are more concrete reports following the visit.