Best Friends wifes' funeral

Met this guy three days after moving to Cali in 1984. He was a patrol officer for a SoCal PD. My father-in-law was a Lieutenant. He needed a softball player for the police team. My father in law volunteered me. We have been BFF wot evah since then. He retired from the PD 2 years ago after 33 years of service. We won 13 Class b championships :)

His wife was diagnosed with Lung CA. in 11/10, and took radiation and chemo. The tumors appeared to shrink and no further tx was deemed necessary. In March 2011 she starting having numbness in her right arm and leg. A CT revealed tumors in her brain causing the problem. More chemo and rad was given with good results. In August of 11 her face starting swelling and the veins in her chest and arms became engorged. A CT revealed a tumor around her vena cava, causing the blood to back up into her veinous system. They put her on steroids and the swelling started to abate somewhat but by November the swelling returned. She elected to have no further treatment. They put her on hospice and sent her home with a prognosis of living till Dec.

She passed away Dec. 8, 2011.

So today, I am going to help my best friend bury his wife of 38 years. It's seems like such a terrible day for me and I can't even imagine what he must be feeling but I can tell. We both have our faith and know she has no pain anymore.

Sorry for the rant just needed to vent

Rawhide