ATH Davante' Bourque

corncraze

This kid has safety written all over him. He has the same build as a Taylor Mays, I say put him at a hybrid LB/S spot and let him stuff the run and cover TE's.

Does he want to play safety though?

Doubtful, I suspect he wants to play RB. Ron Brown visited him to give him an offer so most likely want him at RB. I would just prefer we start him at safety, IMO.

This kid has safety written all over him. He has the same build as a Taylor Mays, I say put him at a hybrid LB/S spot and let him stuff the run and cover TE's.

Does he want to play safety though?

Doubtful, I suspect he wants to play RB. Ron Brown visited him to give him an offer so most likely want him at RB. I would just prefer we start him at safety, IMO.

Same here

Do we need ANOTHER running back? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get him, but I don't see him getting playing time at RB anytime soon. Even if he redshirts, we still have Ameer, AG & Heard for two more years. Even further, I know for a fact we'll go after Minter's kid (also a RB) next year.

And Mike Jr. has come out and said he wants to play in the secondary in college.

And I put little faith in Vante coming north. And if this staff really was entertaining the idea of a RB in this class I would take DJ Foster over anyone else.

Finally for the recruiting of LA. Yes Bo developed ties and made some VERY good inroads in the state when he was at LSU, but Corey Raymond(as corncraze alluded to) has just as many ties, and knows the state VERY well. A lot of us stated CR would be the best hire offseason, and for reasons many hinted at then(ie recruiting the Southeast), everyone is starting to see why.

• Fire 1

Finally for the recruiting of LA. Yes Bo developed ties and made some VERY good inroads in the state when he was at LSU, but Corey Raymond(as corncraze alluded to) has just as many ties, and knows the state VERY well. A lot of us stated CR would be the best hire offseason, and for reasons many hinted at then(ie recruiting the Southeast), everyone is starting to see why.

What??? I thought Raymond was a terrible coach to have on our staff. :sarcasm

What??? I thought Raymond was a terrible coach to have on our staff. :sarcasm

Let's see him close on these reruits.

And let's see how the secondary performs next season. I need to see the development of our young stud recruits. The ones that we were drooling over the last few years.

The play of our nickel and dimes backs this past year and the fact that so many "athletes" were left on the bench while physically overmatched players were on the field makes me slightly concerned.

• 3 weeks later...