SIGNED RB Imani Cross

BIG ERN

we needed a BB to play in the B1G........welcome, you should play as a true freshman!

I disagree. We've got Marrow who can be a FB or RB. I'm not sure we needed him in this class over a guy like Curry. But maybe we plan to move him. I've heard a little bit of that talk too.

:yeah

I think it only seems that way because our DTs were disappointing this past season. We have a young guy in Peat Jr, Rome, Williams, and now VV.

And Guy... Don't forget about Guy. We have 1 senior (Steinkuhler), 1 junior (Randle), 2 sophomores (Guy, Rome) 2 Redshirt freshmen (Peat Jr., Williams), and then we'll have Valentine as a True Freshman. So that gives us 7 scholarship DT's this fall. We have plenty, and we only lose 1 each year over the next 2 years. We don't need Curry, he would have just been an added bonus.

And we have Marrow, Zimmerer as our big backs on scholly plus Burkead, Green, Heard, Abdulla. That's 6 RBs in a position that usually features 2-3. We saw what depth (or lack of) on the DL can do to us. We are in no way close to needing depth at RB. In fact this signing might push a guy to transfer because the backfield is getting clogged.

SunshinePump.jpg

we needed a BB to play in the B1G........welcome, you should play as a true freshman!

I disagree. We've got Marrow who can be a FB or RB. I'm not sure we needed him in this class over a guy like Curry. But maybe we plan to move him. I've heard a little bit of that talk too.

With the depth of our backfield this upcoming season Cross should definitely redshirt.

I sure hope so.

No we don't need to be redshirting RBs, especially big bodied pounding RBs like Cross. His services will be needed right away and with his size he can play right away. You play what you need right away. There is a recruiting class every year and we can get a RB or more every year. If you can do what the coaches want you will play as far as I'm concerned.

Well there has been talk of Heard or Abdullah moving to defense, and I could definitely see heard possibly doing that. As for Zimmerer and Marrow I could see them both being moved to defense to help some with depth on the line or even bigger bodied LBs.

Is Cross going to be a RB here? I have literally no info on this . . .

Edit: I see that da skers hinted at that already. From my extremely amateur assessment of his film I'd guess that he probably won't be a RB.

I dont know what other position they would put him at except for FB/LB but then this guy makes no sense for such a small class. That kid from Gretna is going to be a stud FB for us. I gotta think we saw the need for a pound it short yardage back in the Big 10. Look at the year Coker had for iowa

This shows how BIG Imani really is

I really, really, really hate Bisping. Such a pompous prick. Hey, I think the Prick Clique should probably send out an invite to him. That would really round off the loser legacy of that group. :D

Edit: Hey, your first post had a youtube video of the Bisping/Chonnen preview. Your tricky Ern, very tricky.

Player: Imani Cross

Hometown: Gainesville, Georgia

School: North Hall

Position: RB

Height: 6'1

Weight: 220

Scholarships: East Carolina, G Tech, Maryland, Nebaska, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCF, UCLA, Vandy, Virginia

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star

Jr. Highlight Video:

I love everything about this. His measurables are great, his highlight tape is freaking sweet. I love that he runs through tackles and powers his way down the field.

This shows how BIG Imani really is

I really, really, really hate Bisping. Such a pompous prick. Hey, I think the Prick Clique should probably send out an invite to him. That would really round off the loser legacy of that group. :D

Edit: Hey, your first post had a youtube video of the Bisping/Chonnen preview. Your tricky Ern, very tricky.

Lol yes mistake on my part. I really hope Sonnen beats down Bisping though.

Marrow will not be moved to defense. He and Rex will be the one-two punch that rolls over the B1G next year (hopefully)

This ^^^^

I confess to being somewhat surprised that a lot of folks on this board don't seem to appreciate what we alread have on campus in Marrow...........

Everything I hear suggests he is a true thumper..............

I really, really love the pickup of Cross.

True, there does seem to be a log jam of sorts in the backfield with his addition, but several of the guys in front of him (Sophomores Green, Abdullah, Heard) are all very similar and don't offer much that the other doesn't. They are all scatbacks and, more or less, carbon copies of each other.

It'd be best then to move Abdullah or Heard to defense and welcome Cross as the bruiser of the group at halfback - a role that has yet to be filled (Marrow is a FB, so I'm not including him here).

It's good to get away from the 5'7" 160 speedsters for a while and go with what Nebraska is known for at the runningback position. Power.