S Sebastian Smith

BIG ERN

In a word "yes" :(

not necessarily true, we have some guys leaving the team, i believe i have heard 3 guys, so we can go after a few more then we thought. This could be a result of missing on diggs but we are still in on Mcneill. Although this is a little depressing im hoping they saw something in this kid that they think can be developed over a few years in the system. Safe to say if we offer he jumps all over it, with basically no offer list. I trust Bo and Co in their evaluation of talent. I really hope they dont feel the need to fill the class, i would rather give the scholly to a senior walk on.

In a word "yes" :(

not necessarily true, we have some guys leaving the team, i believe i have heard 3 guys, so we can go after a few more then we thought. This could be a result of missing on diggs but we are still in on Mcneill. Although this is a little depressing im hoping they saw something in this kid that they think can be developed over a few years in the system. Safe to say if we offer he jumps all over it, with basically no offer list. I trust Bo and Co in their evaluation of talent. I really hope they dont feel the need to fill the class, i would rather give the scholly to a senior walk on.

Who's leaving?

• 2 weeks later...

This kid looks to be 99% :bigredn: . Hopefully the staff found a gem with him. Think he will have a lot to prove.

Latest from Husker Journal:

JANUARY 12, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS SEBASTIAN SMITH, SAF, 6-3, 180, 4.4, PICKERINGTON (CENTRAL), OHIO

“I’m flying out tomorrow morning” Smith said of his official visit to Nebraska. “I’m going with my mom.”

Official Offer Awaiting

“Actually they have already offered me they won’t make it official until I get there. They just want me to come out and make it official.” Smith said

“I’m going there and look at their facilities and stuff, actually meet the coaching staff and just go from there with my mom and see what happens.” Smith said

“That’s definitely a possibility,” when asked if he might give the Nebraska staff a verbal commitment during his trip

“The ability to run and just my size, I’m 6-foot-3 kind of tall for a DB. I can run and I’m a physical safety too.” Explains his abilities that the Husker coaches like

Bonded With NU Coaches

“They (NU) are really excited I talked to the defensive line coach (Rick Kaczenski) today he came by the school and seen me. Coach Vince Marrow has come by. I talked to Coach Raymond the secondary coach; their all excited to see me.” Smith said

“He (Coach Rick Kaczenski) was looking at other recruits in Ohio, he wanted to come and see me. He was telling me about the university; talking defense how they run the defense a little bit stuff like that.” Smith said

“I like the fact they (NU) are in the Big Ten now. I’m growing up living in Ohio thinking Big Ten. I know they have a good program they send guys in the NFL.” Smith said

“I’m really excited it’s a good program I’ve always wanted to play for a bigger program. I’m glad they (NU) came through for me.”

Smith said he has fully qualified. Nebraska coaches has his transcripts and Act scores

• 2 weeks later...

I would think that if we whiff on a couple guys tommorow that Sebastian smith is the backup plan. If you see us make a late push at smith tommorow thats probably due to moore or shelton or both going elsewhere. I would not mind seeing this kid N. I think he has a huge upside if his grades are in order. It sounds like Afalava and moore and possibly one other one have grade issues to sort out anyway so I would think we should oversign a couple guys and be ruthless like all the other D1 teams. If push comes to shove kick a few dead weights to the curb. Saban does it all the time.