Updated Recruiting Board

So do you have anything on this Bo Wallace or is that what your friend was screwing with you on?
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2012/01/08/bo-wallace-jeremy-liggins-and-the-qb-position/

He was screwing with me. Said we were recruiting him and he likly to be here. Then he sent another IM saying heS switching to WR. I took it down because I can't tell if he's having fun with me or if the kid was really here. I figured if I could find something from a coach I'd put it back up.

So do you have anything on this Bo Wallace or is that what your friend was screwing with you on?
http://blogs.clarion...he-qb-position/

He was screwing with me. Said we were recruiting him and he likly to be here. Then he sent another IM saying heS switching to WR. I took it down because I can't tell if he's having fun with me or if the kid was really here. I figured if I could find something from a coach I'd put it back up.

We were but he's down to Ole Miss and Miss State. So we have no shot.

http://blogs.clarion...he-qb-position/

We were but he's down to Ole Miss and Miss State. So we have no shot.

This was all a farce. He never had an offer and never was in town.

Just updated the board... 5.8 4star DB Devian Shelton, though currently committed to Oregon St, has a Nebraska offer and will be taking an OV this weekend.

Also, VV has tacked on another OV to Illinois after Florida but still says we are his #1... Just because we were better than any of the others he's seen.

Also, we are not going after the JUCO QB speculated about... We want Devin Fuller, but if that doesn't work out Alonzo Moore will get a shot to be that second guy and if he doesn't fit there will be moved to WR or DB.... That is... If he decides to come. ;)

Don't count on Vincent Valentine coming to NU (he is going to Illinois) and certainly don't hold your breath on Devin Fuller (Baylor/PSU). I'd consider them both to be long-shots, at this point.

With what info has come out in the past week or so, I wouldn't be suprised on both accounts. Devin really wants to be a QB only and everything that VV has done at this point indicates he doesn't want to go far from home. However, I really hope this is wrong on VV.

Don't worry too much, here is the Recruiting Board as it stands today, recruits on board are listed in order of priority, with offers in consideration out to right:

TE – 1 More (5.5 Sam Cotton)

5.6*** 6'5" 240 Nate Iese – UCLA or NU

5.7*** 6'4" 245 Brent Wilkerson – Penn State or NU

RB – 1

5.8**** 6'3" 200 Davante Bourque – Miami, Tennessee, NU, Arizona State

5.7*** 6'1" 220 Imani Cross – NU, East Carolina, Tennessee, SC, Vanderbilt, UCF

WR – 1 More (5.8 Jordan Westerkamp)

5.5*** 6'2" 170 Alonzo Moore – NU, Mississippi State

QB – 1 More (5.7 Tommy Armstrong)

6.0**** 6'0" 185 Devin Fuller – NU, Rutgers, UCLA, Notre Dame, Arizona, TCU

5.8**** 6'1" 205 Anthony Alford – Southern Miss

OL – 1 More (5.8 Paul Thurston)

6.1***** 6'7" 305 Andrus Peat – NU, Florida State, Stanford, USC

DT – 1-2 more

5.7*** 6'3" 300 Vincent Valentine – Florida, Illinois, NU

5.6*** 6'3" 275 Aaron Curry – Iowa, Mizzou, NU, TCU

DE – 0 More (5.8 Greg McMullen, 5.7 Avery Moss)

LB – 0 More (5.8 Zaire Anderson, 5.7 Michael Rose, 5.6 Thomas Brown, 5.7 Jared Afalava)

5.7*** 6'2" 228 Michael Richardson (Hybrid DE) – A&M, Ok St, Tennessee

DB – 2-3 More (5.9Mohammed Seisay)

Cornerbacks - 1-2

5.8**** 6'1" 190 LaDerrell McNeill – Tennessee

5.8**** 6'1" 185 Devian Shelton -- Oregon St, NU, Washington St

5.9**** 6'0" 175 Amos Leggett – NU, Florida State, Marshall

5.8**** 5'11" 160 DeVante Harris -- Cal, NU, Ohio St, Oregon, TCU, Oklahoma

5.8**** 5'11" 180 Charles Jackson – NU, JUCO (Committed: Waiting on ACT score to qualify)

5.8**** 6'1" 176 Brandon Beaver – NU, Washington, UCLA, OU

5.7*** 5'10" 180 Raymond Ford – Colorado, NU, Cal (Rumored to be silent commit, if NU takes him)

5.7*** 6'1" 178 Anthony Standifer – NU, ? (Does not have offer yet)

Safeties - 1

5.7*** 6'2" 205 Corey Thompson – A&M, LSU, NU, Ok State

5.6*** 6'3" 175 Sebastian Smith – NU, ? (Does not have offer yet)

We are looking at taking 19-21 in this class. 14 graduating seniors + 1 open scholarship + JT Kerr left the team + 3-4 more guys leaving for medical/academic/transfer reasons ( I am guessing josh Mitchell will be one of these 3-4 guys, not sure who the other 2-3 are).

Peat is the one we need most! JMHO

I've seen Davante Bourque in person, and he's a stud. Only reason he left LSU is because they have 4 other tailbacks who will be ahead of him on the depth chart, and I know he wants to be able to play right away... that's probably the same reason why he won't choose NU.

I've seen Davante Bourque in person, and he's a stud. Only reason he left LSU is because they have 4 other tailbacks who will be ahead of him on the depth chart, and I know he wants to be able to play right away... that's probably the same reason why he won't choose NU.

If I was a running back recruit, I would look at the amount of carries that our three freshman had this year, and would not personally be scared about being buried on the depth chart. I would see it, as after Burkhead, they really don't have a number two back ready to carry the load.

Remaining targets/options...

Just food for thought. Info is not 100 % accurate, don't kill the messenger

ATH

4* Devin Fuller (NU, Rutgers, TCU, others)

3* Alonzo Moore (Miss St, NU)

N/R LeRoy Alexander (NU, Toledo, ?)

RB

3* Imani Cross (Kentycky, NU, Virginia)

TE

3* Nate Iese (possible DE) (Cal, NU, Oregon St., UCLA)

3* Orlando David (Not likely NU, outside chance)

2* Keoni Bush-Loo (Multiple offers, visits NU soon)

OL

5* Andrus Peat (FSU, NU, Stanford, USC)

4* Evan Goodman (Arizona St. soft commit, Arkansas, NU)

2* Mike Shoff (No offer from NU yet, may give one if other targets look elsewhere)

DT

3* Vincent Valentine (Florida, Illinois, NU)

3* Aaron Curry (Iowa, Nebraska)

ILB

3* Joe Robinson (Arizona, ASU, Colorado, NU, Washington)

CB

4* A.J Leggett (FSU, Marshall, NU)

4* Devian Shelton (NU, Oregon St., Tennessee)

4* Brandon Beaver (Pac 12 schools, NU)

4* Raymond Ford (NU, Utah)

3* Anthony Standifer (NU)

S

3* Sebastian Smith (NU)

2* Mark Meyers (Mich St, NU, Toledo soft commit)