CB Devian Shelton [USC Commit]

Nexus

others have said it but f#*k me after all the good guys we have how can we not land a true DB....

From what I was told, kid basically made it sound like he would committ to three different schools. We thought we had a very good chance. Apparently this kid had everyone fooled. Very sad. He could have been great.

Hopefully the plan with Moore is at DB. J@@@s Ch@@st we need a HS DB.

after Prince, Hagg, and Dennard i thought the flood gates would open.... what are we doing wrong??

We as a staff are just not very good at recruiting. It's that simple. Coaches have recruiting reputations for a reason. Our staff views recruiting differently than most.

Gross oversimplification. While the staff has done some mighty dumb things, to go to recruiting reputations invites comparisons to such ethical powerhouses like Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, USC, to name a few. In that context we can be glad that the NU recruiting staff can't compete. The alternative is bad news that we neither need nor want.

It doesn't take crossing ethical boundary lines to maximize recruiting efforts. We have some good recruiters on the staff, I just don't know if we have enough. Certainly we could get more out of some of them?

And I know some will contend that we do do all we can during the season, but every year we end up having to make up a ton of ground late. I think that hurts us, especially when one or two things don't go our way.