SIGNED LB Josh Banderas

Scout ranks him #36 :star :star :star

Surprised to see him rated just a :star :star :star. My guess is that is just Scout. I think he is a :star :star :star :star

He's a 4-star on rivals. Scout just sucks

:yeah

...and he's a :star :star :star :star on 24/7 too.

Comment From Chad1525Chad1525: ] what are your thoughts on josh banderas for nebraska? he is rated on rivals at 185 and had an outstanding showing at the army combine down in texas. Does he go to the huskers and how important is it that the huskers do land him?

Josh Helmholdt:

Chad - The Nebraska offer meant a ton to Banderas. That was the big one for him. He had commitments to visit Kansas State and Iowa State, though, and will follow through with those. I do not see his recruitment getting out of the spring without a commitment though, and Nebraska is definitely the team to beat no matter who else offers

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1334254

• Fire 1

Time to lock this kid up. I would be shocked if he doesn't come to NU.

Latest from Husker Journal:

MARCH 26, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS JOSH BANDERAS, LB, 6-2, 220, LINCOLN (SOUTHEAST), NEBRASKA

Josh has offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Nebraska, Tulsa and Vanderbilt

First SEC Offer

“Most recently Vanderbilt - we just got back,” Banderas said of this latest offer, “Went there this weekend. They really want me to go there and play. I get to play early they need ‘backers. I could play in the number two slot”

“Vanderbilt wants athletic linebackers get out in space.”

“It’s Not Too Far”

“Everything is happening (Nashville), a lot of things are going on. It’s not too far, it’s not a bad trip down there, and it’s not like its (Vanderbilt) in my back yard. I wouldn’t rule it out.”

Bandaras said he is looking at education big time that’s one thing he likes about Vanderbilt

“Yea, yea, I really liked Vanderbilt a lot. It’s a big time education – its SEC football. “

Husker Background

“Well you know my dad played there (Nebraska) a Husker fan. They said I could come in and plat two-deep.” Bandaras said

“It’s a little bit of pressure but I’m wide open. I want to do what’s good for me that sort of thing.” Bandaras said of playing for the Huskers.

“I’ve been to Iowa State,” Bandaras said, “It was real good I got to talk to a lot of the players. It’s an upcoming program.”

Bandaras said he plans on making it to Kansas State’s spring game and has no future plans visiting Iowa

cornhead.gif

I still feel he'll be N, he's just dragging it out. Although, I would like to see what happens if other LB prospects commit before he does. It may force his hand as far as a commitment goes. Let's see what happens after the spring game.

I see what you're saying. I would like to get any verbals from our offer list, no matter who gets pushed aside! Nebraska needs to become a school that says " you wanna play games, hope we don't fill your spot before you decide" shat or get off the pot!