Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

i tried to watch 'the trial' with my wife once. i mean, kafka and orson welles, what is not to like. unfortunately it was a little too boring for us to get into.

Does this look familiar? It's the Musée d’Orsay--the building The Trial was filmed in.

paris-orsay-2.jpg

paris-orsay-3.jpg

Conspiracy.jpg

Been watching XIII. Almost done with the two-part movie. Will start on the one-season TV series next. Although I did already watch one episode, before I realized there was a prequel movie that sets up the TV series. Pretty good so far. It's like a mashup of Jason Bourne and the Mark Wahlburg character in Shooter.

edit: I finished watching the one season of the series. It was okay. A lot of plot holes and inaccuracies though.

Netflix Is Losing Almost 2,000 Movies In May

Time to time purged movies due to expired rights......... I believe the last devastating period was last December/January. Anyway, I mostly used documentaries section. I like no commercials. Still a bargain IMO ($7.99/mo).

BTW, I NEVER used ABC/NBC/CBS networks plus PPV events except sports.

weeds.jpg

Just finished the last episode of Weeds. Watched the whole eight seasons over the past several months. Pretty great series. Good ending even. Oddly, or maybe not so, I have an urge to go out and buy a dime bag. :lol:

/ I'm glad Breaking Bad didn't have the same effect. Crystal meth is a bit less forgiving than wildwood weed. From what I've heard. LOL

home alone drunk out of my gourd and the best thing i could think of doing is watching 'time alone at last'. how apropos?

When I'm home alone for a few days I either: 1) start a home remodeling/construction project; or 2) buy some big gift for myself (e.g., deer rifle, motorcycle, dog). Sometimes I do both of these things. :lol:

home alone drunk out of my gourd and the best thing i could think of doing is watching 'time alone at last'. how apropos?

When I'm home alone for a few days I either: 1) start a home remodeling/construction project; or 2) buy some big gift for myself (e.g., deer rifle, motorcycle, dog). Sometimes I do both of these things. :lol:

i did a lot of yard work i had been neglecting.

those are some big gifts for yourself.

I've watched about 5 episodes of the new season of Arrested Development. They're pretty "meh" so far. A couple funny parts here and there.

Portia de Rossi looks sick though. She lost WAY too much weight.

I tried watching Arrested Development. But just couldn't get into it after three or four episodes. I'll give it another try sometime. Maybe.

6b25724441546cd2934c039b8f426bef.jpeg

Watched the three-part mini series, Hatfields and McCoys. Pretty good, worth watching. About as enjoyable, as say, Hell on Wheels. Makes me wonder how historically accurate it is.

edit: After mulling this over a few days, this really was a good mini-series. Every bit as good as Deadwood I'd say. (And easier to understand what they're saying. lol)

I've watched about 5 episodes of the new season of Arrested Development. They're pretty "meh" so far. A couple funny parts here and there.

I tried watching Arrested Development. But just couldn't get into it after three or four episodes. I'll give it another try sometime. Maybe.

You have to make it through the first 6 or so episodes before they start getting really funny, then you can see some of the concurrent themes each episode has. Also, those first few episodes seem a lot funnier the second time through the season.The Tobais and Gob episodes are classic.

On a separate note, I watched Cabin in the Woods on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge horror/gore fan, but this one was very self-referential and made fun of a lot of classic "horror movie" tropes. Plus, I'll watch anything even remotely related to Joss Whedon, and he produced this.

• Fire 1

You have to make it through the first 6 or so episodes before they start getting really funny, then you can see some of the concurrent themes each episode has. Also, those first few episodes seem a lot funnier the second time through the season.The Tobais and Gob episodes are classic.

Yeah, when I get around to Arrested Development again I think I'll just start watching from the beginning.

On a separate note, I watched Cabin in the Woods on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge horror/gore fan, but this one was very self-referential and made fun of a lot of classic "horror movie" tropes. Plus, I'll watch anything even remotely related to Joss Whedon, and he produced this.

Yeah, I'm a big Joss Whedon fan as well. Loved Firefly and Serenity--even Dollhouse. I don't think I've seen anything of his that I *didn't* like. Based on that I'll watch Cabin in the Woods.

Joss Whedon trivia: His grandfather, John Whedon was a screenwriter and did work on: The Andy Griffith Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show and Leave It to Beaver.