Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Anyone catch Stranger Things? It's gotten a lot of buzz. Watched the first few episodes, feels like Super 8 meets Carrie. Liked it, can't wait to finish it and see where this goes.

WE BINGE-WATCHED THE SH*T OUT OF THIS SHOW :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

it's soooo goood!!!

Just binged Stranger Things over the last couple days. Really good 8 part series. Curious what they'll do for season 2. A cross between Super 8 and Carrie is a good description.....might toss in a little bit of Stand By Me and Poltergeist also.

Just got done with the last episode of season 1.

I have questions.

Who was Hop leaving that food for out in the forest? Any ideas? I think maybe he is thinking that other people--kids maybe--are trapped in the Upside-Down, and they could use the food. Thoughts?

Anyone catch Stranger Things? It's gotten a lot of buzz. Watched the first few episodes, feels like Super 8 meets Carrie. Liked it, can't wait to finish it and see where this goes.

WE BINGE-WATCHED THE SH*T OUT OF THIS SHOW :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

it's soooo goood!!!

Just binged Stranger Things over the last couple days. Really good 8 part series. Curious what they'll do for season 2. A cross between Super 8 and Carrie is a good description.....might toss in a little bit of Stand By Me and Poltergeist also.

Just got done with the last episode of season 1.

I have questions.

Who was Hop leaving that food for out in the forest? Any ideas? I think maybe he is thinking that other people--kids maybe--are trapped in the Upside-Down, and they could use the food. Thoughts?

PRETTY SURE HE LEFT IT OUT FOR ELEVEN SINCE SHE "DISAPPEARED" AFTER SHE DEFEATED THE MONSTER. THAT'S WHY HE LEFT EGGOS ;)

BUT THE CREATORS ALSO SAID THEY LEFT THE ENDING OPEN LIKE THAT SO THEY HAVE FREEDOM IN THE COMING SEASONS

• Fire 1

220px-Battle_of_Myeongryang_poster.jpg

Watched "The Admiral: Roaring Currents". It's pretty good. Based on a true story about one of the greatest naval battles ever fought. Korean Admiral Yi with 12 ships goes up against the Japanese navy of 330 ships in 1597. LINK

Is anyone else out there a fan of British comedy? I feel like I'm the only one who enjoys it.

Anyway, if anyone likes Ricky Gervais and his famous 'mockumentary' style of television, then I highly recommend his 2012 Netflix series 'Derek.'

It's a somewhat simple comedy series with some bits of heavy, dramatic moments mixed in. I found myself in tears a few times over the course of the first series.

Derek was pretty good. My favorite British show is French and Saunders but they still don't have a digital version of it and I loaned my dvds to someone like 10 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

hqdefault.jpg

Been watching the "Roman Empire: Reign of Blood" series. It's the story of Commodus, son of Marcus Aurelius. Commodus was the Joaquin Phoenix character in the movie Gladiator.

The format of this series is quite unique. It's like half documentary and half historical fiction series. Every so often the cut the acting and switch to one of a handful of professors who explain the context. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best current streaming movies? Anyone?

On Netflx right now:

Animal House

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Caddyshack

The Big Short

E.T.

The Graduate

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Little Boy

Jaws

Braveheart

To Kill a Mockingbird

Swingers

The Princess Bride

The Hustler

Clerks

The Shining

252584_original.jpg

season 1, episode 12: "What you need." The best episode of the Twilight Zone. IMHO.

No way, Jose. The best one is "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" starring Bill Shatner :lol:

PubTThou01.jpg

Have you seen "What you need"? If not, give it a whirl!

252584_original.jpg

season 1, episode 12: "What you need." The best episode of the Twilight Zone. IMHO.

No way, Jose. The best one is "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" starring Bill Shatner :lol:

PubTThou01.jpg

I'm sure I have. I was watching 2 or 3 episodes every night for a while.

252584_original.jpg

PubTThou01.jpg

There are so many great episodes it's hard to pick a "best" one. :lol:

252584_original.jpg

PubTThou01.jpg

There are so many great episodes it's hard to pick a "best" one. :lol:

My favorite (don't know the name of it) is the one with the spoiled little boy that nobody will say no to. If he doesn't get his way or if you don't agree with him, he'll turn you into a jack-in-the-box or some such thing.